4/17/24 KC@CWS Game 2 Time for our once a week victory??

4 hours ago, pcq said:

I am through with Vaughn. Worthless. 

Royals fans psyched at 12-7 record. Anyone want to explain things to them. 

3 hours ago, tray said:

Severe storms were forecast for the past two days. Is that when you think attendance figures should be bandied about sarcastically?

You appear to be hell bent on trying to damage this franchise. How many games each year do you attend?

Damn @caulfield12 and his attendance posts.  All those nasty evil attendance posts have depressed the entire team into a 3-15 record.  For shame.  Reinsdorf and Getz now have two fall guys for the end of the season — Grifol and @caulfield12!

Is weather still to blame for the year-to-date averages per game?

https://www.espn.com/mlb/attendance

It’s almost like Sox fans don’t want to pay good money to see a bad last place team.  Shocking!

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

Severe storms were forecast for the past two days. Is that when you think attendance figures should be bandied about sarcastically?

You appear to be hell bent on trying to damage this franchise. How many games each year do you attend?

Good thing we have all that space to park!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah probably half that, at most

Man there was no way there were 5,000 people in that stadium for the second game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, T R U said:

Man there was no way there were 5,000 people in that stadium for the second game.

There's probably 10-12K season tickets and that's how they say tickets sold.  I know, I'm one of them.  I'm only planning on one game this year 5/25 (I have great seats and can break even and keep the seats just in case they're good in 3-5 years).  I'd like to cheer for that team despite their prospect hoarding GM and former douche owner.  I still cannot believe the Brewers took such a low return on Burns.  They could've been right there with the Dodgers/Braves if they didn't want to take as much profit as Jerry does.

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"There's a new front office in place, but one that hasn't operated a rebuild and isn't overseeing a strong farm system. There is, however, the same old worthless owner."

The last comment (writers universally picking Sox as worst) about feeling sorry for the fans was spot-on.

Fwiw...have never fully understood how Rockies fans could be so supportive (attendance-wise) of team/ownership with their track record of recent mostly last place teams.