What should Getz do with LuBob?

shago

Grade-2 hip flexor ... the latest in a 'strain' of avoidable injuries due to poor training staff preparedness and general player apathy. Totally avoidable injury. 

Regardless of the injury, getting rid of him now is not selling low. Owed $8.33 this year and next, club option for $20 for 2026/27

My view -- rip the bandaid off and get what you can. Others?

at this point hope you can string together a couple nice seasons and help the team. they are god awful enough to watch already, moving on from him completely for a whelming return would be dumb at this point. They should have done a full rebuild last off-season but I think Getz was fully overwhelmed and delusional. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

at this point hope you can string together a couple nice seasons and help the team. they are god awful enough to watch already, moving on from him completely for a whelming return would be dumb at this point. They should have done a full rebuild last off-season but I think Getz was fully overwhelmed and delusional. 

Bbbbbutt, they hired Getz because they couldn’t waste a season with a new guy getting to know the organization.

Of course you’re right.  Getz is in over his head more than Hahn ever was and is at the same depth as Grifol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I think it would have been very hard to get the value he was worth this past offseason. He has so much control left. 

Edited by PaleAleSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

should've traded him in 2023, huge missed opportunity there.  if anyone could prognosticate this kids health, it would've been his current team and yet they still felt that he wouldn't get hurt again, what a massive failure, sox fans really don't deserve this s%*#

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, flavum said:

I don’t give a s%*# what anyone says…LuBob has always been, and will always be a cool nickname for Luis Robert. It’s fun. 

It has always sounded like what you call your uncle who peaked as a high school QB, not a 5-tool, All-Star centerfielder that has a gold glove and a silver slugger

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

should've traded him in 2023, huge missed opportunity there.  if anyone could prognosticate this kids health, it would've been his current team and yet they still felt that he wouldn't get hurt again, what a massive failure, sox fans really don't deserve this s%*#

When I suggested trading him last offseason, most laughed at the idea. “You’ll never get fair value trading him now” was the common reply. Well, his value is undoubtedly less now than it was a couple months ago even if we accepted an “underwhelming” package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

When I suggested trading him last offseason, most laughed at the idea. “You’ll never get fair value trading him now” was the common reply. Well, his value is undoubtedly less now than it was a couple months ago even if we accepted an “underwhelming” package.

Cool.  Then we have time to hold on to him still.

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Getz would have traded him to the Marlins for a package built around Noble Meyer, Victor Mesa Jr., and Andrew Nardi

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

yeah i never understood that line of thought, Robert's remaining contract years aren't exactly cheap, 8.3mil > 20 mil > 20 mil

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, joejoesox said:

yeah i never understood that line of thought, Robert's remaining contract years aren't exactly cheap, 8.3mil > 20 mil > 20 mil

Not just that but his remaining years don’t align with the rebuild timeline at all. If they’re lucky, maybe they’re competitive in the final year of his contract. And that’s a big maybe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joejoesox said:

Of course he was going to get hurt again.  Last year was the outlier.  He got hurt all the time in the minors and in the majors.  It was indeed a massive failure not to sell once he managed to play a full season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Knowing the competency of Getz, he prob be traded for "future considerations"

You don't think it'd be "cash considerations?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Trade him at the first chance where you can receive decent value,  like Moncada and Eloy he is injury prone and can’t be counted on. 
The trouble is what is considered decent value with his history of injuries, my feeling if you could get 2 steady position players who produce around .750 OPS yearly, make the trade.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

2 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Knowing the competency of Getz, he prob be traded for "future considerations"

6 minutes ago, JoeC said:

You don't think it'd be "cash considerations?"

Get both brothers. That family has some good baseball genes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If you could package Robert, a starting pitcher, and a bullpen arm to a contender in July, it could potentially bring a great haul. You always have to see what teams are willing to give up.

From your mouth to Preller's coke dealer's ears.

1 hour ago, flavum said:

If you could package Robert, a starting pitcher, and a bullpen arm to a contender in July, it could potentially bring a great haul. You always have to see what teams are willing to give up.

Robert would require an unprecedented return, assuming his injury didn't significantly diminish his value.