What should Getz do with LuBob?

shago

6 hours ago, joejoesox said:

should've traded him in 2023, huge missed opportunity there.  if anyone could prognosticate this kids health, it would've been his current team and yet they still felt that he wouldn't get hurt again, what a massive failure, sox fans really don't deserve this s%*#

100% right.   Should have been traded this past offseason!!

6 hours ago, flavum said:

I don’t give a s%*# what anyone says…LuBob has always been, and will always be a cool nickname for Luis Robert. It’s fun. 

Wasn't there a LuBob on Dukes of Hazzard ? Name sounds like one of the good ole boys.

Yea, really a contrived nickname for Luis.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Robert would require an unprecedented return, assuming his injury didn't significantly diminish his value. 

Here's the thing, even oft injured superstars bring heavy prices when traded.  Even a Gio Stanton who plays defense no where near Robert, and had every bit the injury history brought back an all star and two big prospects, even with his massive long term contract in tow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Here's the thing, even oft injured superstars bring heavy prices when traded.  Even a Gio Stanton who plays defense no where near Robert, and had every bit the injury history brought back an all star and two big prospects, even with his massive long term contract in tow.

Did the Marlins throw in a lot of money in the deal? I thought they wound up doing so. 

13 hours ago, flavum said:

I don’t give a s%*# what anyone says…LuBob has always been, and will always be a cool nickname for Luis Robert. It’s fun. 

Absolutely.  

The La Pantera thing reminds me of Hawk at the end of his days trying to force some nicknames for Abreu.  Has the same cringe feel to me.  

LuBob flies out like home cookin 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, 4OCS said:

Stanton had 35.7 career WAR through age 27 at the time he was traded. LuBob does not, unless he can put up 23.5 WAR by next season

Thank you. Sanity prevails. I thought we were about to go on the whole Dylan Cease is worth 3+ of the Orioles best prospects crusade again led by the give me all the left handed savages.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Cool.  Then we have time to hold on to him still.

While he collects $20M a year like Moncada ? How is that working out ? Moncada had 2019 Luis Robert had 2023 .I see a lot of similarities. Comparing Robert to Stanton is a joke. He's Moncada without the hate for being too casual and a music video.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Top 20 overall prospect + Top 50 overall prospect + Top 100 overall prospect and some other useful piece....unless they plan on spending serious money to upgrade the roster next year.

Don't start this all over again. It'll become another Dylan Cease is worth a truckload of prospects thing runaway train thread.

Cease was the opposite of Robert regarding health and that helped the Sox get what they did for him but I believe you were one of the most disappointed with the return.   Sox fans couldn't get it through their thick skulls after hearing talk from Rosenthal that Cease was worth a " haul" that he actually wasn't.

His 2023 season hurt his trade value as did his lack of a long track record hurt, Jerry Reinsdorf cutting salary and throwing too many pitches to get through 5 or 6 innings like Snell.

Robert Jr. has had 1 full season of excellence. He's hardly a model of consistency and we're bandying about labeling him a superstar . Please get real Stanton was a superstar ,Robert is not.

• Fire 1

23 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Get him back in a month or so and hopes he balls out the rest of the way.  You then start exploring his value in the offseason, but only move him if you get a monster offer.

Agree 100%

I also want to cut bait with Eloy and Moncada with the team options to end their contracts and let them be free agents in 2025, Adios.

Sure, if the owner has decided not to spend any money at all on free agents and the only way we can get good is to build entirely through the farm, we should trade LuBob.

But if the young pitching continues to come around, and the owner is willing to spend the amounts that he was willing to spend when Hahn was in charge, we should keep Luis Robert and we should sign two or three quality free agents who are not relievers  and try to win this thing in a couple of years. 

7 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

What a dumb idea.  Trade away one of the only players worth watching on a team that is boring as f##k.

So your idea of a dumb idea is that it's worth watching a guy play who is injured a lot so you can't watch him play so you can be entertained when he's not injured on a bad team until he gets hurt again . Got it. Very sound logic.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Cease was the opposite of Robert regarding health and that helped the Sox get what they did for him but I believe you were one of the most disappointed with the return.   Sox fans couldn't get it through their thick skulls after hearing talk from Rosenthal that Cease was worth a " haul" that he actually wasn't.

I'll keep saying that I don't think the "haul" everyone was expecting for Cease exists, anymore. If somebody has "A-Rod" sitting at AA, they're going to make room for him on their roster, not trade him. That is, unless, he is ranked as the 2nd best prospect in baseball, they clearly see him as a regular injury risk, and it'll take a season to fix the hitch in his swing, they'll sell high. 

What Cease brought back is probably what all of our dump trades should look like, going forward. Have a scouting department, trade for guys with talent and stuff, but not the guys who are so over-hyped, a guy like Mickey Moniak ends up head-lining a deal.