Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS Game 2: White Sox at Guardians. Monday, 4:00 PM CT

Featured Replies

51 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in society

NBA started it.

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • This series is NOT going back to Cleveland

  • Stinky Stanky
    Stinky Stanky

    Gotta feel sorry for a team that lived on miracle comebacks. Boo effing hoo. But anyone think that Taylor had nothing and got away with it?

  • EloyJenkins
    EloyJenkins

    Colson and sam with really good approaches there. They get him next inning if they keep that up.

8 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Hawk would say, don’t tell me what you do, tell me when.

The playoffs?

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.

What is this about?

7 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. f

And for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.

What are you referencing?

41 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Yea, the brass seems to think Pham is capable (thus he's on the roster). And really if the game had been on the line, Antonacci might have had that ball; diving for it just wasn't worth the risk in that situation - good judgment. f

Yeah, no point in possibly playing that into extra bases.

25 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

What are you referencing?

Guardians players were relaying location on 2nd in the 3rd inning.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Love the fact that WhiteSoxDave and a few other Sox bloggers were texting Sox players about the sign stealing in game 1.

IMG_7211.gif

2 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Every player in MLB now with neanderthal screams after every accomplishment. I need to pinpoint when this all started in society

Judging by the Neanderthal thing, the screaming probably started before society did.

48 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.

Eddy, the fact that I'm Sam's great-uncle admittedly makes me both partial to him and defensive of him. But with that acknowledged and understood-- and in view of the pretty harsh nature of some of this evening's comments regarding his play in left field-- I think it's fair to point out that Darrin Jackson, on the radio broadcast I was listening to, said that 1) Sam made the correct decision not to attempt a diving catch on DeLauter's hit, given the specific game situation; and 2) Sam's presence of mind in realizing that Doyle, on Adell's hit, was getting too close to the wall to be able to play the carom, and Sam getting over there to grab it and quickly get it back to the cutoff man, may have saved a game-tying inside-the-park Adell home run. I know Sam's certainly not perfect, and I know that negative comments often get put out there in the heat of the moment, about pretty much every player, so I'm not complaining. But I think the point of view of a former major league outfielder ought to carry at least some weight.

  • And for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.

    1. Sam possibly saved s tying run because Doyle did not play the carom correctly and Adell could have had an inside the park HR.

    2. Sam could not get to the walk-off bloop that Rochhio hit or the ball that bounced in front of him today because he was not positioned correctly, not because of lack of speed. Sox need to review some things with him (e.g. like what a "no doubles defense is" since the card in his back pocket with spray chart info apparently is not serving him or he doesn't get it. I was probably one of the first posters here to call for the White Sox to promote Sam to the major league and have been a fan of his since he was on Team Italy.

  • I was also one of the first to call for promoting Braden to the majors, over objections that he would not be "ready" until 2027. (Cauliflower) Uncannily bad takes.

4 minutes ago, Bill The Boy said:

Eddy, the fact that I'm Sam's great-uncle admittedly makes me both partial to him and defensive of him. But with that acknowledged and understood-- and in view of the pretty harsh nature of some of this evening's comments regarding his play in left field-- I think it's fair to point out that Darrin Jackson, on the radio broadcast I was listening to, said that 1) Sam made the correct decision not to attempt a diving catch on DeLauter's hit, given the specific game situation; and 2) Sam's presence of mind in realizing that Doyle, on Adell's hit, was getting too close to the wall to be able to play the carom, and Sam getting over there to grab it and quickly get it back to the cutoff man, may have saved a game-tying inside-the-park Adell home run. I know Sam's certainly not perfect, and I know that negative comments often get put out there in the heat of the moment, about pretty much every player, so I'm not complaining. But I think the point of view of a former major league outfielder ought to carry at least some weight.

That is a problem that Braden Montgomery had been having, diving for balls out of reach, turning a single into a double or triple. Sam made the carbon copy of Rocchio's walk-off a bit more exciting than it needed to be, but he caught it.

I really want to know what teams all these commenters played for.

4 minutes ago, tray said:
  • And for all the grousing about Sam, he backed up Adell's triple just fine.

    1. Sam possibly saved s tying run because Doyle did not play the carom correctly and Adell could have had an inside the park HR.

    2. Sam could not get to the walk-off bloop that Rochhio hit or the ball that bounced in front of him today because he was not positioned correctly, not because of lack of speed. Sox need to review some things with him (e.g. like what a "no doubles defense is" since the card in his back pocket with spray chart info apparently is not serving him or he doesn't get it. I was probably one of the first posters here to call for the White Sox to promote Sam to the major league and have been a fan of his since he was on Team Italy.

  • I was also one of the first to call for promoting Braden to the majors, over objections that he would not be "ready" until 2027. (Cauliflower) Uncannily bad takes.

Sam probably was positioned correctly on Rocchio's walk off. Rocchio just poked one the other way towards the corner. Had Sam not taken the step in, he had a shot at a miraculous play.

  • Author

Tommy Pham has won me over.

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Tommy Pham has won me over.

Is this a joke? Is Pham for real?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is this a joke? Is Pham for real?

With this action, he has officially passed Jo Adell.

3 hours ago, nrockway said:

Absolutely incredible if they make the ALCS but can't count the chickens before they hatch. Can never rule out the Cleveland team. As far as chicken counting, both the Rays and Yankees are incredibly beatable before we go up against any one of those titans from the NL.

Yankees are down 0-2 to the Rays. If we get by Cleveland,which is likely, we may be likely facing the Rays. We will be dealing with the Rays Cade Smith like closer, Bryan Baker, who has 42 saves, and a much better offense than the Guardians. Still would like our chances. Don’t stop now boys.

29 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Tommy Pham has won me over.

Let me guess, he ran into Manfred in a Progressive Field elevator?

Just got home. I think I’ll spend the next three hours reading and watching everything I can about these Sox. I’m speechless. What a win!

2 hours ago, Bill The Boy said:

Eddy, the fact that I'm Sam's great-uncle admittedly makes me both partial to him and defensive of him. But with that acknowledged and understood-- and in view of the pretty harsh nature of some of this evening's comments regarding his play in left field-- I think it's fair to point out that Darrin Jackson, on the radio broadcast I was listening to, said that 1) Sam made the correct decision not to attempt a diving catch on DeLauter's hit, given the specific game situation; and 2) Sam's presence of mind in realizing that Doyle, on Adell's hit, was getting too close to the wall to be able to play the carom, and Sam getting over there to grab it and quickly get it back to the cutoff man, may have saved a game-tying inside-the-park Adell home run. I know Sam's certainly not perfect, and I know that negative comments often get put out there in the heat of the moment, about pretty much every player, so I'm not complaining. But I think the point of view of a former major league outfielder ought to carry at least some weight.

Extremely well said.

5 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

Because we pinch Grichuk for Bennie. Which worked. But still. Next CBA, rules about DH's need to change

Ah. I was watching with hi8is jr and he takes me away from being locked in… even at 12 😆

Tommy thinking about the right things

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Recently Browsing 2

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.