This thread only for optimists

sin city sox fan

I'm definitely disappointed in tonights game and think we had chances to win it just like everyone else.

However, one lose does not ruin the series or blow our chances whatsoever.

I still believe in this team and we will get the job done.

There's a reason why teams play 4 out of 7 at this level....instead of only one game.

It's to let the clearly best team advance and I still believe the White Sox are that team.

I'll admit that I was pissed tonight and I delayed posting til 10 minutes after the game tonight for that reason.

However, I still believe we will win and I hope the Sox fans at the Cell believe similarly tomorrow night.

We are all White Sox fans....don't abandon this team because of one lose. Let's hang in there and watch them win the World Series!

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
Let's face it, if we were going to win the World Series, we weren't going to go undefeated, that's just practically impossible. Tomorrow should be a better performance.

That's a good way to look at it. Plus, we had won 8 in a row coming into tonight. We were due for a loss. I feel extremely confident about game 2.

i really do have faith that we will win, and win handily tommorow.

We were due for things to not go right after that amazing boston series. Our pitching stayed amazing, and that's what we need in the playoffs. It's 1 game, we'll be ok.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:28 PM)
That's a good way to look at it.  Plus,  we had won 8 in a row coming into tonight.  We were due for a loss.  I feel extremely confident about game 2.

lol I forgot about the 8 wins in a row, what is that, the 4th time we've won 8 in a row and then lost the 9th game?

I still have tons of faith....

Bottom line, they need to execute better, which I think they all understand after tonight...

There are 7 to play and we weren't going to win them all...

I was there, and I tell you what, it was more electric than game one of the ALDS until that third inning.

They WILL bounce back from this, because that which doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.

Hats off to the bronze titan tonight, he pitched his butt off without a doubt...

Game two tomorrow....lets go out there and :fight some Cali-Los Angel-Ana-Orange County Angel ass!

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Oct 11, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
I'm definitely disappointed in tonights game and think we had chances to win it just like everyone else.

However, one lose does not ruin the series or blow our chances whatsoever.

I still believe in this team and we will get the job done.

There's a reason why teams play 4 out of 7 at this level....instead of only one game.

It's to let the clearly best team advance and I still believe the White Sox are that team.

I'll admit that I was pissed tonight and I delayed posting til 10 minutes after the game tonight for that reason.

However, I still believe we will win and I hope the Sox fans at the Cell believe similarly tomorrow night.

We are all White Sox fans....don't abandon this team because of one lose.  Let's hang in there and watch them win the World Series!

:gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:

Yeah, the Sox do have their chances to still win

This board is pure crap today. Every topic is bulls***, and Im ashamed for all of the baseball fans on here who have to deal with this crap

Its a 7 game series

They got 2 runs on bulls*** hits

we played good for having 3 days off

I fully expect this series to be like this everyday.

In a 7 game series in the ALCS, did everyone really expect us to win every game? We are going to lose some like this, and so are the angels. Get ahold of yourselves for god sake, and cheer on your team.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
This board is pure crap today.  Every topic is bulls***, and Im ashamed for all of the baseball fans on here who have to deal with this crap

Its a 7 game series

They got 2 runs on bulls*** hits

we played good for having 3 days off

I fully expect this series to be like this everyday.

In a 7 game series in the ALCS, did everyone really expect us to win every game?  We are going to lose some like this, and so are the angels.  Get ahold of yourselves for god sake, and cheer on your team.

Being at the game, I expected a lot worse on this board than what I've seen. Sure, there are the few people that try to act like a hard ass and give up on the team at the slightest sign of trouble so they can feel better about themselves. However, most of the people on this board seem pretty positive despite the terrible execution of the game last night.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 03:25 AM)
Let's face it, if we were going to win the World Series, we weren't going to go undefeated, that's just practically impossible. Tomorrow should be a better performance.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
In a 7 game series in the ALCS, did everyone really expect us to win every game?

Noone's expecting us to win every game. In fact, that's exactly what I'm worried about. Even if you execute well, there's a good chance the other team'll beat you once or twice. They're in the playoffs for a reason, after all.

And if the Angels had won because they got a few more hits like Kennedy's on the hit and run (a beautiful job of hitting, on a really nice pitch), this loss wouldn't bother me at all. It's running Pods when he's been totally unable to steal for months, running AJ (whatever happened), silly bunting executed badly, and Contreras going for the dp instead of going home. You can afford to get beat, you will get beat, but you can't afford to give 'em away.

If we win tonight, I will be O.K. and comfy.

A loss tonight and I will be in full panic mode. But even that won't be too bad. This team has been a pleasure to watch for most of the season, and with maybe one of two slight roster moves (and all it really needs is a return of a BIG bat), and we will be pretty dang special nex year.

But for the remainder of this year, I still think we have a heck of a shot at the AL title. The World Series...well...the Cardinals scare the crap out of me.