Chicago @ Tampa Bay - ALDS Game 1

Heads22

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is making excuses?

All I keep saying is that people who expected Javy to play like a 1 or 2 starter because he gets paid a lot dont know s*** about baseball.

Pay checks have no correlation to players ability.

Thome gets paid more than Longoria, so he must be better?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 04:22 PM)
You mean those same few weeks when Javy was pathetic in 3 games? Good lord, no one gets more excuses made for them than Javy.

Well said. If Javy won 1 f***ing game when it counted, like the rest of the rotation, we would have our best starters out there. Hell, even Clayton had a good start in NY and the pen blew it.

QUOTE (JoeCredeYes @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:21 PM)
Stone and Farmer talking about guys that were left of the playoff roster who were given the opportunity to be with the team, but chose to go home. Can't watch the game right now, anybody know who their talking about? They sound like the Sox brass aren't happy about it. Sounds like one guy who has worn out his welcome is MacDougal.

WTF??? Do they know that the rosters can change each series?

edit: overreaction

Edited by Leonard Zelig

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:23 PM)
Who is making excuses?

All I keep saying is that people who expected Javy to play like a 1 or 2 starter because he gets paid a lot dont know s*** about baseball.

Vazquez was brought in to be a huge contributor 3 years ago. Just because he's sucked in his 3 years here, it doesn't mean that the Sox only expect him to be #4 caliber. You know what, even if he is #4 caliber, his record and ERA are below average. His Sox career has been a disappointment, and it will be over as soon as this season concludes. The Sox made it to the playoffs despite Javy.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Why do you guys think the experts all picked the Rays?

Don't blame them for being right

so were the patriots over the giants...that said,I do know that these Rays are built for their crappy astro turf,kinda reminds me of the late 80s early 90s Twins,get on the road and they are beatable and at home unbeatable...that last hit by Longoria was a DP in a grass field,the single up the middle that scored Upton is an out in grass.Not trying to take anything away from the Rays but astro turf does come into play as to why they are so successful

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
I assume they mean they were still off the roster, but yeah, same thing.

I didn't hear them talking about it, but the post said they were given opportunities to be there and chose to go home.

If they were left off the roster, then why would anyone be upset that they went home?

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:15 PM)
He's paid a lot of money to get hitters out. He sucks...this will be his 17th lost on a team that almost won 90 games. No one in the organization respects him either. I can't wait until he's traded so we can hear how despised he was.

This is the heart of it. His teammates must just hate playing behind this guy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Vazquez was brought in to be a huge contributor 3 years ago. Just because he's sucked in his 3 years here, it doesn't mean that the Sox only expect him to be #4 caliber. You know what, even if he is #4 caliber, his record and ERA are below average. His Sox career has been a disappointment, and it will be over as soon as this season concludes. The Sox made it to the playoffs despite Javy.

I think that will be easier said than done.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Just a bad performance today by everything; pitching, offense, and defense. But with Captain Choke on the mound, it was hard to expect a victory. Gotta get game 2 now, pressure is all on us.

Yep, Maddon made a brilliant managerial decision by starting Shields today and Kazmir tomorrow. He knew the situation Ozzie was in with the rotation, and he was able to match up Kazmir against a better pitcher in game 2 than who Shields would have to face.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 2, 2008 -> 03:23 PM)
Who is making excuses?

Ok but Thome is at the end of his career, his skills are obviously declining. Vazquez is right around the peak of his career and has the best stuff by far of anyone on our pitching staff. Not 2 mention he went into the season as possibly our top pitcher by some. Given his stuff and his K's, he should have an era sub 4 without a problem, instead he has been our worse starter and every big game craps himself. I dont care if he is a good guy or not he sucks and needs to be gone.