Quentin Hurt

G&T

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
We'll probably hear Hawk say something in September like:

"Back in May when Quentin went down for 5 days that really affected this team and it was so hard for us to recover" as if we were cruising along up until today.

No, he'll blame any failure of the season on the borderline pitch Colon didn't get on Sunday, that's when it really went downhill

http://www.baseballamerica.com/statistics/...ds/?pl_id=20900

And MacDougal has an ERA under 4 with Syracuse!!

Lillibridge is REALLY making me miss Pablo Ozuna when he was in his prime as a bench player before the injury. He's hitting well in AAA right now.

Borchard, NOT so MUCH.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/Players/B/Joe-Borchard.shtml

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (G&T @ May 12, 2009 -> 04:40 PM)
The Score, so I assume it came from Cowley, said that he already had a cortizone shot. So it's probably something like tendinitis.

typically there are two causes of heel pain.

One brusing of the soft tissue fat pad, as someone stated earlier which is an acute condition which should heal rapidly.

The other is heel spurs or a chronic irritation of the tissue around the heel which can be a much longer issue. Usually, a cortisone injection is for a condition like this where conservative treatment has already been tried. since he has had the injection you can assume that he has had this problem for at least 7-10 days.

the bigger issue may be that since Thome also had heel issue what type of training are they doing or what type of shoes are they wearing that would cause multiple players to have the same issues?

the bigger issue may be that since Thome also had heel issue what type of training are they doing or what type of shoes are they wearing that would cause multiple players to have the same issues?

Cmon. Injuries happen. I'm sure they have the best equipment and training as everybody else.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Cmon. Injuries happen. I'm sure they have the best equipment and training as everybody else.

Shoes are very different from pair to pair. Just because it's a professional franchise doesn't mean they don't get a bad batch.

Training also varies. May be with all of the bad weather they ran indoors and aggravated the heels. That's only one possiblity. There could be many.

Never equate pro sports with good training, medical care or even equipment. Those are very political decisions in oraganizations and (like most things) revolve around money.

All that being said, the Sox have one of the best medical staffs in pro sports. However, that does mean things can't happen like the example I gave earlier.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 13, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
Shoes are very different from pair to pair. Just because it's a professional franchise doesn't mean they don't get a bad batch.

Training also varies. May be with all of the bad weather they ran indoors and aggravated the heels. That's only one possiblity. There could be many.

Never equate pro sports with good training, medical care or even equipment. Those are very political decisions in oraganizations and (like most things) revolve around money.

All that being said, the Sox have one of the best medical staffs in pro sports. However, that does mean things can't happen like the example I gave earlier.

DJ and Farmer were talking today that a common mechanism of heel injuries in baseball is stretching out/jumping forwards as you're taking your last step towards 1b and trying to beat a throw. Sounded reasonable to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)
DJ and Farmer were talking today that a common mechanism of heel injuries in baseball is stretching out/jumping forwards as you're taking your last step towards 1b and trying to beat a throw. Sounded reasonable to me.

It is. That is part of the acute heel contusion, when you land awkward on it. Anytime you land awkward with a great deal of weight like that you can bruise the sfot tissue fat pad. That's similar to the poster earlier who said he hurt his hitting a base.

Holy hell, call up Anderson so he can play in CF and Pods in LF tomorrow. This mean Lillibridge is going to get another two starts. I don't know who's calling the shots for this team's roster right now, but it's really disgusting. BTW, Anderson easily had the best ABs on the team last game against Halladay.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 13, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)

Ive done that in adult league ball, it hurts like holy hell

Anderson won't rejoin the team until Tuesday. The Lillicurse strikes again it seems with that rain out in Anderson's 2nd game. I truly don't understand why they care about waiting until Tuesday, as he's had nearly 20 ABs in the minors now. Maybe Cora will show some balls and put Nix or Alexei in CF tomorrow.