Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 5, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Greg Oden might have just suffered a really bad knee injury. The video of it looked terrible. He had started to play really well and looked like he might begin to live up to his potential.

He's really starting to look a lot like Sam Bowie. But even without the injuries, Oden seems to lack that 'it' factor. It's a shame. Because his physical tools are undeniable.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 12:36 AM)
Forget Al Harrington, the Bulls should go after Anthony Randolph.

If he could get out of Golden State, and Nellie's doghouse, he's a potential all-star.

But back to the Bulls, the problems are all on offense, and if you only score 90PPG, you're not going to win many games of basketball.

Whoever thought they wouldn't miss Ben Gordon's shooting was way off, but as has been pointed out, this isn't a contender with him either. They probably are better taking their lumps and getting a lottery pick. The Bulls better hope Wade or LeBron come to Chicago or they will be stuck being a team that really isn't good enough for a long time. Rose can be great, but even adding a Bosh isn't going to make them a team that would have much of a chance against the top teams in the NBA in a 7 game series.

If they don't land one of the top FA, they will be exactly what you don't want an NBA team to be. Good enough to where guys like James Johnson are the top guys on the board when you draft, but not good enough to ever really go on a serious playoff run.

If the Bulls didn't beat the odds and win the lottery a couple of years ago, just think how bad their present and future would be.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
Whoever thought they wouldn't miss Ben Gordon's shooting was way off, but as has been pointed out, this isn't a contender with him either. They probably are better taking their lumps and getting a lottery pick. The Bulls better hope Wade or LeBron come to Chicago or they will be stuck being a team that really isn't good enough for a long time. Rose can be great, but even adding a Bosh isn't going to make them a team that would have much of a chance against the top teams in the NBA in a 7 game series.

If they don't land one of the top FA, they will be exactly what you don't want an NBA team to be. Good enough to where guys like James Johnson are the top guys on the board when you draft, but not good enough to ever really go on a serious playoff run.

If the Bulls didn't beat the odds and win the lottery a couple of years ago, just think how bad their present and future would be.

Well said. We were better off during the post-dynasty years winning 15-20 games and at least giving ourselves a legit chance to land a stud in the draft. Ironically, the year in which we decided to show a little improvement and get to 30 wins, was the same year Lebron, Wade, Melo and Bosh came out. But we got Kirk Hinrich!

If we get a solid draft pick, who would you want to see the Bulls take? I'd really like Iowa State's Craig Brackins or Georgetown's Greg Monroe. Both are players with height, size and have offensive post games, things we desperately need. 

Brackins (6'10, 230) is a pro 4, versatile offensive game, can go inside/out. Monroe (6'11, 250) could possibly be a pro pivot, putting up some good numbers for the Hoyas (13.8ppg, 10rpg, 1.3bpg).  

Edited by Ron

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 09:30 AM)
He's really starting to look a lot like Sam Bowie. But even without the injuries, Oden seems to lack that 'it' factor. It's a shame. Because his physical tools are undeniable.

His offensive game still needed developing but his efficiency numbers, true shooting percentage, block rate and rebounding rate were all terrific this year. The injuries are clearly going to keep him from ever being the great player he could have been though.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 01:15 AM)
I wish I had gone to Chicago State to watch Morgan Park & East Aurora instead.

I highly recommend going out to see the Blackshear show at least once. He's ridiculous. That game was very entertaining, and speedy lil Boatright was impressive too.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
I highly recommend going out to see the Blackshear show at least once. He's ridiculous. That game was very entertaining, and speedy lil Boatright was impressive too.

I plan to, I gotta get my ass 15 min. across town to watch Boatright a couple of times too.

QUOTE (Ron @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 12:48 PM)
If we get a solid draft pick, who would you want to see the Bulls take? I'd really like Iowa State's Craig Brackins or Georgetown's Greg Monroe. Both are players with height, size and have offensive post games, things we desperately need. 

Brackins (6'10, 230) is a pro 4, versatile offensive game, can go inside/out. Monroe (6'11, 250) could possibly be a pro pivot, putting up some good numbers for the Hoyas (13.8ppg, 10rpg, 1.3bpg).  

No doubt, the answer is Evan Turner. Even after breaking his shiet.

Say what you will, but one thing the Bulls could do well going back to the Miller-Salmons trade, is to WIN AT UC.

Last year in the 2nd half, in a fun fashion at that, they slayed Boston, Orlando, San Antonio, Cleveland, Denver, Houston and were up 20 on Lakers with Kobe on the bench.

So losing to friggin' Raptors by 30+ at Home....... showing all the signs of quitting on the coach..... Derrek Rose not only not improved but regressed........... how is Vinny still employed??!!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 10:22 PM)
Especially during THOSE Bulls years?!?! I'm shocked not all the Bulls players (that we know of) weren't drunk/high playing.

Most creative team ever. "Why did he travel the entire court only to throw the ball at the hoop? WHY IS HE FIGHTING BENNY?!"

I remember my brother trying to get me to watch a game when I was tired and trying to sleep. I said I didn't care about them at the time and he said "Fine! When they win a championship you'll just be a fair weather fan."

How you can have that much optimism is beyond me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
The Bulls wouldn't lose to NJ, would they?

why in the world is salmons pulling up for a contested 3 pointer with 8 seconds left???? ugh ....im liking salmons less and less each game he plays