sox close to another deal?

chisox2334

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 02:33 PM)
Adrian Gonzalez!!!! Please no Adam Dunn. Love the HRs, but I can't stand strikeouts. Is his K rate higher than Thome????

Who cares about strikeouts if he's hitting close to 40 bombs with 100 RBI and an OBP of nearly .400? OPS of .900. If you wouldn't want that, you'd be nuts.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Who cares about strikeouts if he's hitting close to 40 bombs with 100 RBI and an OBP of nearly .400? OPS of .900. If you wouldn't want that, you'd be nuts.

No.. stop.. Your making too much sense on this board Chris.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
Brad Hawpe.

not that it means anything at all butfound this when i was trying to see how much money hes making next yr. (7.5mil): October 19, 2009

Despite rumors to the contrary, the Rockies do not plan on trading Brad Hawpe and his $7.5 million 2010 salary this offseason, according to InsideTheRockies.com. and i remember seeing how they didnt plan on doing so

QUOTE (joeynach @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:42 PM)
Im gonna guess and say Hank Blalock or Nick Johnson.

I would LOVE NJ, but I just can't see him comming here since we got Pierre now. I think KW wants to add more of a power bat. I'm gonna predict the next move will be another trade, not a FA signing as far as a hitter. Ugh on Blalock.. but he does make sense as far as the rotating DH thing Ozzie wants (he can play 3B as well as alittle 1B)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
That would work for me.

yea I would like a Reyes deal to but then Pierre becomes a back up and we gave up a pretty good prospect for him. Uggh I dont know...........................

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
No.. stop.. Your making too much sense on this board Chris.

Every one knows common sense is a super power.

Chris Rongey=superhero?

Regardless, I'll beat the dead horse and hope for A-Gon. Only way I could see us out-bidding the Red Sox is due to Hoyer's knowledge of their system, and he'd demand top level prospects as previously stated.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 11:15 PM)
What about Chad Tracy?

He can resurrect his career elsewhere. 840 total plate appearances in the past three seasons instills no confidence in me. If he didn't hit as well as he did in 2005, the majority of people wouldn't even know who the man was at this point.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
http://twitter.com/SoxNet

# With the leadoff spot filled, Kenny has turned his attention to the middle of the order and we are told he's close on another deal. about 2 hours ago from web

Ima go out on a limb and say Andrew McCutchen. Don't ask me why or what the f*** or that's impossible.. just a hunch on my part. ;)

We won't get Dunn. I've always wanted him and we never get guys I want badly.

I wanted Granderson and Halladay and Cliff Lee (Peavy's good, though) and Bartlett and McLouth in the past.

I wonder if KW wants Thome back to give Thome a shot at another postseason (one in which he can actually play) with all that good starting pitching we've got.

Oops I just read the article that said Thome ain't coming back in the Sun Times.

Oz wants the flexibility at DH.

I sure hope Jones, Kotsay, Pierre, AJ, Omar and our other old guys have some life left in their bats.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 12:31 AM)

I wanted Granderson and Halladay and Cliff Lee (Peavy's good, though) and Bartlett and McLouth in the past.

I wonder if KW wants Thome back to give Thome a shot at another postseason (one in which he can actually play) with all that good starting pitching we've got.

This is the same reason I am convinced the sox will not get Dunn until he's bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 01:31 AM)

Oops I just read the article that said Thome ain't coming back in the Sun Times.

Oz wants the flexibility at DH.

I sure hope Jones, Kotsay, Pierre, AJ, Omar and our other old guys have some life left in their bats.

No offense, but this may be the most ridiculous logic I have ever read in my life.

No offense, but this may be the most ridiculous logic I have ever read in my life.

I can't argue with you. It is pretty dumb.

I don't want DeJesus. Then we truly are becoming the Royals. Only way I want DeJesus is if we dump Teahen. A heavy dose of Royals might turn us into the Royals.

If KW is being straight, this is not encouraging. From the Sun Times:

"Ozzie and I have been speaking on that, and we spoke on it again [Tuesday],'' Williams said of the DH spot. "Right now, what he would like to do is sit where we are right now because he likes flexibility with the DH position, whether it be a guy getting a break or keeping your bench players fresh. Guys like [Andruw] Jones, [Mark] Kotsay, [Omar] Vizquel, getting [Paul] Konerko off of his feet and getting into the DH spot ... he likes the flexibility that comes with it.

"I've given him some names - this is a very critical last thing on our list. I certainly don't want to do anything from my seat that conflicts with what my manager wants, so regardless if I think there may be a need for a bigger left-handed bat in the middle of the lineup, he's the one in there and I fully support how he and his coaching staff see the situation fitting. That's something we'll continue to think about.''

KW already trying to deflect blame a la trading for Sandy Alomar for the 12th time if it doesn't work out. He's the GM. If he thinks the team would be better with another bat, its his job to get another bat. If there are no additions, Greg Walker is going to get more heat than ever before.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 07:37 AM)

"Ozzie and I have been speaking on that, and we spoke on it again [Tuesday],'' Williams said of the DH spot. "Right now, what he would like to do is sit where we are right now because he likes flexibility with the DH position, whether it be a guy getting a break or keeping your bench players fresh. Guys like [Andruw] Jones, [Mark] Kotsay, [Omar] Vizquel, getting [Paul] Konerko off of his feet and getting into the DH spot ... he likes the flexibility that comes with it.

"I've given him some names - this is a very critical last thing on our list. I certainly don't want to do anything from my seat that conflicts with what my manager wants, so regardless if I think there may be a need for a bigger left-handed bat in the middle of the lineup, he's the one in there and I fully support how he and his coaching staff see the situation fitting. That's something we'll continue to think about.''

KW already trying to deflect blame a la trading for Sandy Alomar for the 12th time if it doesn't work out. He's the GM. If he thinks the team would be better with another bat, its his job to get another bat. If there are no additions, Greg Walker is going to get more heat than ever before.

Who wouldn't be thrilled at the prospect of Omar Vizquel as a part-time DH?

Ugh. He has to be joking or deflecting attention from something he's working on.

That makes no sense! "Giving guys a rest" is why you got all those bench players in the first place! To SUB them in or give them occasional starts. Not to WASTE a starting lineup position on an inferior player on a consistent basis. We're going to be the only team to have our DH consistently bat 7th or 8th.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 08:43 AM)
Ugh. He has to be joking or deflecting attention from something he's working on.

That makes no sense! "Giving guys a rest" is why you got all those bench players in the first place! To SUB them in or give them occasional starts. Not to WASTE a starting lineup position on an inferior player on a consistent basis. We're going to be the only team to have our DH consistently bat 7th or 8th.

Mark showed a little bit of power in Milwaukee. Perhaps we could just have the pitchers hit and skip the DH. It'll save some money too.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Dec 15, 2009 -> 05:58 PM)
w sox are always trying to get better but if means including names of beckham, both danks etc. there not going to do that.

if anything w sox will try unload contract of limbrink so they can spend on free agents.

by no means do i think w sox are royals but payroll is up and not really any wiggle room

Until John Danks signs an extention, he is more and more likely with each passing day to get included in some sort of blockbuster. If Dan Hudson emerges, it could be sooner versus later.

He is giving himself leverage in negotiations. It is vintage Kenny.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 16, 2009 -> 09:37 AM)
"I've given him some names - this is a very critical last thing on our list."

I think people keep glossing over this quote. To me this means that he IS actively pursuing people right now, just trying to balance it with someone Ozzie likes ie Ozzie is pissed that KW wants Bradley. Just a suggestion.

Edited by The Baconator