Official 2010-2011 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
I think we should put flags on all offensive players. As a defender, if you hit too hard, you get penalized. Might as well just play flag football.

TOUCHING?

How about LaserTag Football?

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Can't wait to hear what Pelini has to say for Nebraska after that game. It's pretty clear the Big 12 refs were told not to let Nebraska win at any cost as punishment for leaving. That was about as blatant as it can be.

Well yes. I'm still going to enjoy it though haha.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Can't wait to hear what Pelini has to say for Nebraska after that game. It's pretty clear the Big 12 refs were told not to let Nebraska win at any cost as punishment for leaving. That was about as blatant as it can be.

was flipping between games was it that blatant?

Well, it was really ugly but Tennessee pulled out the 24-10 victory over Vandy. 1 more win and we're going bowling. God, I hope it happens (never thought I'd get to the point where I was hoping UT could get to 6 wins, but oh well... we'll be back).

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
I was at the Nebraska-TAMU game. It was blatant cheating by the refs. I was able to take a pic from my seats of the game.

montreal-screwjob.jpg

LMAO!!

Sounds like Taylor Martinez might have quit Nebraska.

COME TO IOWA STATE

---

All I saw was the end of Nebraska-aTm. The Aggie War Hymn looks cool as f***.

Also hoping NIU can keep winning, they seemed like a class act in Ames.

Also, we may very well be a destination for Martinez, if he did quit, as his dad played at ISU, and he was an ISU fan growing up - wanted an offer from us, but we didn't do so since he can't throw (still can't).

“Taylor was a big ISU fan and we always watched any of their basketball games and football games over the years on TV that we could,” Casey Martinez said. “I think he was proud his dad played major-college ball.”

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
I would love to see an NIU v. Northwestern or U of I game

NIU is my second favorite college team (going to Mizzou next year, so it takes top spot, but both parents went to NIU and it was my fall back school).

I was at the NIU - U of I game and NIU almost won that game, so I think they could beat U of I in a bowl game.

If only they had a bigger stadium, the Big 12 might ask for them to join.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
NIU is my second favorite college team (going to Mizzou next year, so it takes top spot, but both parents went to NIU and it was my fall back school).

I was at the NIU - U of I game and NIU almost won that game, so I think they could beat U of I in a bowl game.

Eh, not so much.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 06:20 AM)

no we wouldn't.

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
What a cool atmosphere at Wrigley today, thankfully NW's defense didn't really feel like playing.

It was definitely a great atmosphere. The neighborhood was jumping before the game and the crowd was way more in to it than at your normal Ill/NW game. The whole going in one direction thing didn't seem to affect the game at all. The first one or two times they had to switch sides it was kinda funny, but after that it just like whatever. Oh, and I think LeShoure just broke another 30 yard run.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Sounds like Taylor Martinez might have quit Nebraska.

COME TO IOWA STATE

---

All I saw was the end of Nebraska-aTm. The Aggie War Hymn looks cool as f***.

Also, we may very well be a destination for Martinez, if he did quit, as his dad played at ISU, and he was an ISU fan growing up - wanted an offer from us, but we didn't do so since he can't throw (still can't).

After watching Pellini scream at him post injury, I know I wouldn't stick around.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)

I'm glad the school showed itself well there. I was hoping you guys would get the 6th win and get bowl eligible, your coach seems similar to ours in that he's a likable guy and discipline oriented. Plus, I have a soft spot for you guys since Iowa State, Illinois (glad they got bowl eligible) and NIU were the only schools I applied to. It's still a shame Chandler didn't play in that game, am curious what would have happened had he. We should kill Eastern Michigan on Friday to attain our first 10 win season since 2003, and that would likely move us into the top 25 for the first time since 2004 (we're first in each poll in others receiving votes). We'll probably play Ohio in the conference championship game, hopefully we can finish it off, haven't won the MAC in 27 years.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 22, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)

Even though the Big 12 will fall apart within the next 5 years due to either conference expansion, everybody else in the league realizing being Texas' b**** is no fun and thus seeking greener pastures, or a combination of both.....the conference isn't going to be asking NIU to join anytime soon. There is no reason we can't be the best athletic program in the MAC though with the resources we have (the fact the basketball program isn't better is a joke, for instance).

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
I would love to see an NIU v. Northwestern or U of I game

They won't have an NIU/Illinois rematch. It's not completely impossible that Illinois and Northwestern play in a bowl though. The NIU bowl situation is complicated because even if we win the league, the bowl in Detroit wants to pick Toledo. So NIU could get shuffled around in the bowl order to one of the bowl games with the MAC as a backup plan (if such a plan actually has to be used due to another league not being able to fill up all of its bowl slots) to get them an intruging matchup. But that's a long ways off still.

Edited by whitesoxfan101