Sox vs Cubs 6-27 game thread 1:05 first pitch

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Williams has no business being on this team. Nothing more really needs to be said. If he stays on the roster, then KW and Ozzie deserve criticism. Also, maybe now that the streak is over, KW and Ozzie will get serious about adding another bat.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
It still irks me though. Bringing in Williams is a sign of conceding victory. Threets is here so why not give him a shot? We already know what Williams brings to the table and that's absolutely nothing.

And it was 7-3.

What I was implying is that we never scored a 7th run, so the run he gave up was inconsequential. But I understand your point.

I'm getting more and more upset as this one sinks in, between Beckham's interference call, Alexei getting called out at first, and the strike on Rios...grrr

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Randy Williams has no business being on this team. Nothing more really needs to be said. If he stays on the roster, then KW and Ozzie deserve criticism. Also, maybe now that the streak is over, KW and Ozzie will get serious about adding another bat.

He'll be gone as soon as Bobby comes back.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
It was a great series and a great last game with two (three?) really bad calls by the umpires. I'll take 4 of 6 from a crappy national league team, but I'd prefer accurate calls and a legitimate chance for Rios in that AB.

I'd prefer a better effort from John Danks and Threets over Williams, but life isn't fair.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
I don't care how much he costs, I'd be willing to give up my left nut for a 3-4-5-6 of Rios, PK, Prince, and Quentin (if Quentin keeps hitting like he has a pair).

Brewers are looking to compete this season. They're not going to trade Prince unless they start struggling again. Very similar to Cliff Lee.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
I think it's the combination of the winning streak coming to an end and it coming at the hands of the lowly Cubs.

With this pitching matchup, this is a game where the odds were stacked in our favor, especially after getting the quick 2-0 lead.

Johnny just didn't have it today and we let Dempster get in a rhythm after having him on the ropes early.

Oh well, you can't win them all.

Need to get another winning streak started tomorrow.

Anybody who's paid any attention to the Sox over the last 10 years should've expected a loss today. We almost NEVER sweep the Cubs after taking the first two games of a series. It's an automatic loss every single time (save 2008). It really is annoying.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
the best part of the loss is we dont lose any ground in the division.

Sox lost ground to the Tigers.

Anyway, the umpiring was terrible today and Gary Darling can kiss my ass. Of course Carlos Marmol is unhittable when the umpires call his pitches 8 inches out of the zone strikes.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
They need a rotation and with Hart and Weeks going good Prince could be moved for a pitcher.

So then you're trading Danks, Buehrle or Floyd? If they're looking to compete and believe moving Prince for a starter would do that then they're going to look for a guy with some kind of success at the ML level.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
So then you're trading Danks, Buehrle or Floyd? If they're looking to compete and believe moving Prince for a starter would do that then they're going to look for a guy with some kind of success at the ML level.

I was just pointing out that the Brewers need pitching if they want to get back in it.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
Sox lost ground to the Tigers.

Anyway, the umpiring was terrible today and Gary Darling can kiss my ass. Of course Carlos Marmol is unhittable when the umpires call his pitches 8 inches out of the zone strikes.

Eggsactly

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Great point, Marmol was working so fast out there, Rios never did get his composure back. I'm very proud of the 9th inning effort, and we just have to start another win streak tomorrow.

I'm with you Fathom! That 9th was pretty good until the ump screwed Rios

The MLB umpiring continues to be a joke.

1. Alexei was safe, obviously. Can we get replay? Like, now?

2. The Rios strike zone was horses***, obviously. Can we implement the computerized strike zone? Like, now?

3. D. Lee's double was a foul ball, I rewound it several times and there is no doubt in my mind

4. According to my buddy, Gordon hit a ball down the third base line that was called foul but was fair, I didn't see the play so I'm not sure.

5. Alexei being called out at 2nd was incredibly weak. If the umpire got that call right, then the rule needs to be changed. Natural swinging motion shouldn't be interference.

It really is annoying.

All losses are annoying. We won 2 of 3 which is good. 3 would have been nirvana. I'll take winning series after series.

We need to beat the teams in our division the rest of the way. If we keep sucking against the ones not named Detroit, we aren't going to win squat.