August White Sox Catch-All Thread

iamshack

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE YOU BASEBALL TONIGHT.

Ravech: Mark Kotsay! He's the kind of play who helps you win divisions.

Winfield: Yes he is. He doesn't play everyday but he can play first and the outfield and is very productive.

Also, apparently we need to get our bullpen some help???

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 05:18 AM)

Winfield: Yes he is. He doesn't play everyday but he can play first and the outfield and is very productive.

I dislike Kotsay as well. But look at the bright side. What if he is getting hot? It would be the right time, woudn't it? He definitely sparked the team today, preventing a difficult loss. We'd have split with the struggling Tigers, rather than bagging an impressive 3 of 4 against a division rival on the road. 3 of 4 is pretty damn nice, thanks in large part to Kotsay. I'm just sayin' ... maybe he'll get hot?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
I dislike Kotsay as well. But look at the bright side. What if he is getting hot? It would be the right time, woudn't it? He definitely sparked the team today, preventing a difficult loss. We'd have split with the struggling Tigers, rather than bagging an impressive 3 of 4 against a division rival on the road. 3 of 4 is pretty damn nice, thanks in large part to Kotsay. I'm just sayin' ... maybe he'll get hot?

It'd be awesome if he got hot for, say, the next 3 months (that'd carry us through october) but I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)

I don't know if I actually hate Kotsay so much as I hate how Ozzie uses him and all of this bull***t magical praise he gets for taking up a roster spot when he's been one of the worst players in the AL this year with plenty of starts.

Edit: And the fact that there are 3 guys (counting Teahen) who could do what he does, but better.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 06:30 AM)
Oh it's hard to be angry at Mark personally...it's not like he's trying to hit .218...

Ozzie is the one who keeps throwing him out there in a position to fail.

Thing is, he's gonna start every game the rest of the season against righties. He just is. We're going to be reading the same tired complaints on here for seven more weeks. He's going nowhere. That's why I'm hoping he somehow takes today and has the best 7 weeks of his life cause he's gonna be playing almost every day.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
It'd be awesome if he got hot for, say, the next 3 months (that'd carry us through october) but I'm not holding my breath.

Even if he didn't get "Hot", a .750ish OPS the rest of the way would be a huge difference.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
You don't believe he will?

I have no idea at this point.

EDIT: When we're openly looking at guys like Delgado you know that Kotsay is someone they want to replace. Whether Teahen is that guy we'll see.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)

MLB Tonight on the MLB Network (which I STILL can't watch...Thanks AT&T UVerse) makes ESPN's Baseball Tonight look downright amateurish. I think more and more people are starting to realize that overall ESPN sucks now.

The Quotable Ozzie Guillen from The Onion

The colorful White Sox manager is in the spotlight for comments about supposed favoritism toward Asian players, but it isn't the first time he's had something to say.

* 2006: "I very much love the people and the fans of Chicago, because they pay me very much to play a baseball manager in Chicago, even though I very much hate the people and fans in Chicago"

* 2006: "I don't give s*** about the home-field advantages for the World Series. You know what I care about? Where the f*** is the Smash Mouth? Why aren't they here for singing the 'All Star' song? I love that s***"

* 2007: "I love Dustin Pedroia. He is very good hitter. And he has a strong back, so he could be climbed up on and I sit on his shoulders and ride around on him like riding a little horse that loves me and eats apples and I have to pitch around because he is a good hitter"

* 2008: "I never say one bad thing about those stupid f***ing Cubs fans. Not a single word about those mother-s***ting pieces of f***"

* 2008: "If we win the World Series, I will quit baseball and run for mayor mostly on a campaign platform of minimizing the city's budget, while still raising revenues with strategic tax plan for Chicago businesses"

* 2009: "Wrigley Field makes me puke. When I eat a little bit of the ivy on the wall it make me puke barf everywhere"

* 2010: It's not the fair for Japanese players have the interpreter. I want the interpreter so I can understand what the f*** it is I am talk about"

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)

The colorful White Sox manager is in the spotlight for comments about supposed favoritism toward Asian players, but it isn't the first time he's had something to say.

* 2006: "I very much love the people and the fans of Chicago, because they pay me very much to play a baseball manager in Chicago, even though I very much hate the people and fans in Chicago"

* 2006: "I don't give s*** about the home-field advantages for the World Series. You know what I care about? Where the f*** is the Smash Mouth? Why aren't they here for singing the 'All Star' song? I love that s***"

* 2007: "I love Dustin Pedroia. He is very good hitter. And he has a strong back, so he could be climbed up on and I sit on his shoulders and ride around on him like riding a little horse that loves me and eats apples and I have to pitch around because he is a good hitter"

* 2008: "I never say one bad thing about those stupid f***ing Cubs fans. Not a single word about those mother-s***ting pieces of f***"

* 2008: "If we win the World Series, I will quit baseball and run for mayor mostly on a campaign platform of minimizing the city's budget, while still raising revenues with strategic tax plan for Chicago businesses"

* 2009: "Wrigley Field makes me puke. When I eat a little bit of the ivy on the wall it make me puke barf everywhere"

* 2010: It's not the fair for Japanese players have the interpreter. I want the interpreter so I can understand what the f*** it is I am talk about"

:lolhitting

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 5, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Great. Baltimore sucks all year and lets the Twins beat up on them last week. Now they get a new skipper and look motivated to play again right before we visit them.

I'm not worried about Baltimore at all. They won 3 games against an Angels team that was 10-17 in their previous 27 games. The Angels just really aren't a good team this year.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)

Awesome. :notworthy

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Even though Teahen will be back? You know this how?

Cause he's been playing every game against righties and just had his best game of the season, which he can ride for at least the next 3 weeks. But obviously I don't know it for sure, just my best guess.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 8, 2010 -> 09:51 AM)
ESPN did an E:60 report on Nick Swisher. Swisher talked about how "I have a reputation around the league as being a really great clubhouse guy"......

Yeah, except for the fact we traded you because you annoyed the s*** out of our players.....

I have no idea why people would think he is a Dbag...