2010-2011 NBA Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 29, 2011 -> 11:15 PM)
Has a team in recent history flown more under the radar than this year's Spurs? They beat the Rockets tonight to push their record to 40-7. And they get about as much pub as my HS intramural team. Their depth is insane.

THE HEAT ARE BETTER!

It's their lack of flash in this eras NBA, especially post-Decision.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
That's actually been a pretty hot topic everywhere of late. I was shocked when I actually saw the numbers.

People have been writing that for like 5 years though.

I would always say the same thing about how the Bulls would go to a Ben Gordon isolation play against a triple team every time they needed a last shot...he did it like 3 times in a row early in his career, then that became the only thing the Bulls would ever run in a close game, and he'd make 20% on them because...he was triple teamed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
People have been writing that for like 5 years though.

I would always say the same thing about how the Bulls would go to a Ben Gordon isolation play against a triple team every time they needed a last shot...he did it like 3 times in a row early in his career, then that became the only thing the Bulls would ever run in a close game, and he'd make 20% on them because...he was triple teamed.

I never saw it. Either that or I just don't remember. Kobe's hit at least 20 game-winners in his career. It's amazing to me that even despite that he's really not that clutch.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 04:23 PM)
This is one of those things where I really couldn't care less what stats say, if I need a last second shot, Kobe Bryant is the one person I want shooting the basketball.

Than you would lose, according to the numbers. Think they said Chris Paul was the most clutch player in the NBA. Talk about passes in the clutch are just as important, if not more than a shot.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
This is one of those things where I really couldn't care less what stats say, if I need a last second shot, Kobe Bryant is the one person I want shooting the basketball.

Ray Allen says hi

I'd rather take the easy bucket and hope for the offensive rebound. I was blown away by how Ohio St. went to Sullinger in a tied game with under 10 seconds left without even having to use a timeout. You rarely see teams play smart like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 01:00 PM)
Pacers have fired head coach Jim O'Brien

Excellent decision for that franchise. He's terrible.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Ray Allen says hi

Funny thing is just 3-4 years ago, he was known as a choker (well.. in the playoffs).

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Personally, if I have 5 seconds left on the clock and I need 1 basket to win a game, I dunno about you guys, but I'd prefer the wide open dunk rather than the "Clutch" shot from outside.

Of course. I'm just saying that if my team is down 1 with 10 seconds left and I need one player to have the ball, I want it to be Kobe Bryant, stats be damned.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
I never saw it. Either that or I just don't remember. Kobe's hit at least 20 game-winners in his career. It's amazing to me that even despite that he's really not that clutch.

I've been saying it on this board for a while.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
Of course. I'm just saying that if my team is down 1 with 10 seconds left and I need one player to have the ball, I want it to be Kobe Bryant, stats be damned.

In 2004, I felt the same thing about Ben Gordon, then I watched that team force the ball to him game after game, and realized...you're so much better off if you run the offense.

If the offense regularly runs through Kobe Bryant, then you run that offense. Run a play, and convince him to give the ball up if needed.

There's a reason why Jordan didn't hit the last second shot until title 6.

Kevin Durant drew a rare technical foul for jawing with Miami's Chris Bosh in the first quarter of their game Sunday. And he wasn't done talking.

When asked about it after the game, Durant had more harsh words for Bosh.

"I was talking to my teammate and he decided he wanted to put his 2 cents into it. I'm a quiet guy, a laid-back guy, but I'm not going to let nobody talk trash to me. He's on a good team now, so he thinks he can talk a little bit," Durant said.

"There's a lot of fake tough guys in this league and he's one of them," Durant added.

Link