Slight change in road gray unis

PeavyTime

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
I'll wait till I see the official announcement on the Sox page....

It is official. Those of us at WSI received responses from Brooks in regard to our complaints.

Guys,

I want to thank you all for your notes about the road uniforms. Although none of you are happy with the decision, I do appreciate the feedback, good or bad.

Hopefully, you all know each other, or, know of each other through the blogs. I hope you guys do not mind one response to all rather than the same response sent out to each of you.

We have talked quite a bit about the road greys for a few years after getting input from our players, staff and even some fans. The most alarming thing I received from a fan was the stat showing how little we are wearing our road greys in favor of the black uniforms. That is something we plan to correct going forward.

After looking at the road greys, we determined that the uniform should contain our main logo, our brand, and have decided to replace the flying sock with the White Sox primary S-O-X logo. This was one of several possible options.

I know this is not a popular decision with you guys and I am sorry to disappoint. In the eent any or all of you are at SoxFest, please find me if you would like to discuss further.

Again, I truly appreciate the feedback. Sorry this email response was not what you wanted to hear.

All the best,

Brooks

Edited by DirtySox

The most alarming thing I received from a fan was the stat showing how little we are wearing our road greys in favor of the black uniforms. That is something we plan to correct going forward.

Thank God! Do the same with the Home Whites....

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Nov 14, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
hopefully we'll be seeing alot less of those this upcoming season.....it seemed like they wore them every game this past year

115 times.

Personally, I don't mind the slight change. Its a patch. I really believe had they had the Sox logo all along and switched to the diamond and sock, people wouldn't have cared for it either. They will still have the diamond on the blacks which they seem to wear a lot more anyway.

Edited by Dick Allen