• 79-81
    • 82-84
    • 85-87
    • 88-90
    • 91-93
    • 94-96
    • 97-99
    • 100+
  2. 2. Where will they finish in the AL Central?

• 1st Place
    • 2nd Place
    • 3rd Place
    • 4th Place
    • 5th Place

Let's hear what the Sox record will be this year, where they will finish (how far they make it in the playoffs, if applicable) and any other details you want to throw onto the record this year... Such as what stats/awards hitters or pitchers will achieve, milestones, or just bold predictions in general.

Ah, Spring is in the AIR!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

87 - 75

Peavy's extended absence causes major bullpen issues early in the season coupled with slow starts once again from Alexei and a few others.

We go on another run during the NL stretch of games but never get closer than 3 or 4 games out of first after the ASB.

Ozzie goes on an expletive filled tirade late in the season and manages to get fired.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
87 - 75

Peavy's extended absence causes major bullpen issues early in the season coupled with slow starts once again from Alexei and a few others.

We go on another run during the NL stretch of games but never get closer than 3 or 4 games out of first after the ASB.

Ozzie goes on an expletive filled tirade late in the season and manages to get fired.

pessimism.jpg

debbie%20downer%201.jpg

91 wins, first in the Central.

Morel has a good rookie season, Dunn hits over 40 home runs, Konerko declines to near 2009 levels, Rios begins the year with struggles, but has a good second half to recover, Beckham has a breakout season, and Peavy starts 25 games.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
91 wins, first in the Central.

Morel has a good rookie season, Dunn hits over 40 home runs, Konerko declines to near 2009 levels, Rios begins the year with struggles, but has a good second half to recover, Beckham has a breakout season, and Peavy starts 25 games.

This is about exactly how I see things going.

Sox finish 1st in the ALC, 91 wins, 4 gms better than DET, 8 above the Twins

Konerko has an 07-09 type season, but Dunn goes off for 44-119

CQ plays less than 70 games

Peavy starts 20-25 games with an ERA of 3.50.

Sale has over 35 saves and wins AL Rookie of the Year. (I think he's eligible)

93-69

First in AL Central

Rios, Dunn, and Konerko combine for 109 HRs and 307 RBIs

Pierre steals 50 bases

Quentin gets hurt early and Milledge steps in

Sale struggles early as the closer but finishes strong with 31 saves

Morel has a good year, batting .265 with 19 HRs...and of course great defense

Peavy starts his first game in early May, goes 12-8 with an ERA of 3.96

Smoke the division, Central champs, AL champs, make Philly look like punks in WS- Halladay wins 2 games but we smoke the others.

I predict a BETTER year for Konerko because I think he figured out hitting a little more last year; he's letting the game come to him now.

Dunn- Sweet fancy Moses

Sale, Soria, Marmol- best closers in the league.

Floyd- Monster season

Danks still doesn't take the next step

EJax- great first half, bad second half but shows up in the playoffs big time leading the staff.

Peavy- ? C'mon karma, reward this work ethic of his. We become one of the best teams in history if he beasts.

Sox win 94 games; eke out division title.

Lose in ALDS in 4 to Angels.

Dunn .230 33 HR 103 RBI

Thornton leads team in saves

Sox forced to make Sale a starter in May after AAA fodder blow up in every start, then he goes back to the bullpen by late June when ...

Peavy comes back, is average for a 5th starter but not an ace the whole season - 4.50 era 9 wins 120k

Cooper leaves in the offseason

Buehrle re-signs for 3 years at 8 mil per

Sox shop Danks and DFA Teahen

Sox win 92 games this season, but fall short to Minnesota, who wins 94 games, in the division again. Sox lose to Twins in division because the Twins have their (nearly) annual 40-15 run after the all star break

Ozzie gets fired after the season because the Sox kill everyone but the Twins, who they go 7-11 against, losing 5 of last 6 late in the season, and he goes on a profanity laced tirade and goes bonkers on some reporter after getting swept at home the last week of August to be removed from first place and after they lose the last game of the season against the Twins at Target Field to lose the series to fall 3.5-4.5 games back after having the 2nd best record in the AL(behind Boston) and being 5 or more games in front of Minnesota at the all star break.

Sox get Wild Card and lose game 5 of the ALDS in heartbreaking fashion.

Peavy doesn't pitch until June, starts 18 games, and pitches closer to a 4th or 5th starter than an ace until August, when he looks like an ace again, giving fans hope for 2012 Peavy's line: 105 IP, 3.95-4.15 ERA, 110 K

Edwin Jackson becomes the staff ace in June, and continues it throughout the season, giving the Sox no hope of re-signing him because he is top 5 in AL Cy Young voting.

Floyd puts together a great season until he hits the DL in September, forcing them to shut him down until the Playoffs.

Buehrle is Buehrle, putting an ERA of around 3.90-4.00 and logging 200 innings

Danks has some regression, has an ERA around 4.25, mostly due to gopher balls from hanging changeups.

Dunn hits over 45 home runs

Konerko regresses, but still hits 29 HR and drives in 85.

Quentin has a monster first half, only to be put on the DL twice between the all star break and the trade deadline, then sucks at the plate in September.

Rios hits .300 and has over 20 HRs

Beckham hits .280 with 18 HRs

Alexei has a down year at the plate, batting under .270 and having an OBP under .300, but still plays GG caliber defense, prompting massive complaining about his contract extension.

AJ is sabermetrically useless at the plate.

Pierre has the same season has he did last year.

Morel wins the 3rd base job, and hits .260 with 12 HR, starting hot but fading down the stretch.

The bullpen is lights out for the most part with Sale closing, except against Minnesota.

Management has a decision to make in the offseason: Do they go for it in 2012 or do they give up due to not being able to beat Minnesota?

Edited by Elgin Slim

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 03:33 PM)
Sox win 94 games; eke out division title.

Lose in ALDS in 4 to Angels.

Dunn .230 33 HR 103 RBI

Thornton leads team in saves

Sox forced to make Sale a starter in May after AAA fodder blow up in every start, then he goes back to the bullpen by late June when ...

Peavy comes back, is average for a 5th starter but not an ace the whole season - 4.50 era 9 wins 120k

Cooper leaves in the offseason

Buehrle re-signs for 3 years at 8 mil per

Sox shop Danks and DFA Teahen

God I would hate to lose to that bad Angels team in the ALDS.

For only the second time in the history of the franchise, the White Sox win 100 games. I generally have a really good feeling about this year.

Perhaps I am misguided in my optimism, but what I see is a team that won 88 games last year and they always seemed like they had a lot of holes. Last year's team played above their talent level, but I really like the lineup this year and actually like the bench of this team too. Assuming Peavy is able to start games in mid to late April (or perhaps even early May), I think this team is set to make a lot of noise this year.

I will also say that the Sox will have the lowest range of ERAs in the entire major leagues. I see Peavy around 3.50, Danks around 3.50, Floyd around 3.75, Jackson around 3.75, and Buehrle around 4.25. If that holds true, that is going to keep the Sox in a ton of ballgames, which bodes well for what should be a good offensive club.

Sox win 85 games and lose out to Twins by five or so.

We haven't added enough to get over this fear of the Twins or whatever it is. Also it's tough to reverse the trend and just suddenly start dominating Cleveland, KC and Detroit after being so mediocre against them for the last season and a half.

Our only hope is in the first series we play the Twins our starting pitching kicks major ass and we put them in their place right off the bat this season.

I know Jenks was unpopular, but I see our closer situation being a problem. Add that to our already suspect set up situation and I think 85 wins is about right.

Prove ... me .... wrong ... please.

Edited by greg775