2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't listened to Rongey's post game show at all this season. Has he addressed the "one player doesn't make a difference" schtick he used last year with Kotsay and this year's DH dud? In his eyes would it make no difference whether Dunn had a good year or not since he's only one player?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
I haven't listened to Rongey's post game show at all this season. Has he addressed the "one player doesn't make a difference" schtick he used last year with Kotsay and this year's DH dud? In his eyes would it make no difference whether Dunn had a good year or not since he's only one player?

f*** you for caring

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
I just hate when someone tries to insult my intelligence.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 04:14 PM)
The problem with Rongey is that he's never wrong, yet he's frequently wrong.

Haha, exactly on both of these. The best thing for Rongey is probably that the team has fallen apart so hard in the last few weeks. If the Sox lost the division by 2 games, his bulls*** theory that no single player matters would have been blown up. Now that they'll lose by 15+, he can stick to his garbage.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 04:09 PM)
Haha, exactly on both of these. The best thing for Rongey is probably that the team has fallen apart so hard in the last few weeks. If the Sox lost the division by 2 games, his bulls*** theory that no single player matters would have been blown up. Now that they'll lose by 15+, he can stick to his garbage.

I'm pretty sure if Adam Dunn OR Alex Rios actually hit the ball, they'd be a lot closer or leading the division right now. If both were... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

nuff' said

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 06:04 PM)
I'm pretty sure if Adam Dunn OR Alex Rios actually hit the ball, they'd be a lot closer or leading the division right now. If both were... shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

nuff' said

I don't know. Someone else would take over to have a really off year. The potential is there when you have Walker.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Damn, I'm startin' to feel bad for Ozzie. I liked it better when it was just Sox fans that lambasted him. Now it's a world-wide epidemic. People in third-world countries are hating on Ozzie now. Yes, I used hyperbole. But you get the point.

I don't know what you're talking about. I saw him at Gibson's last night. Everyone in the room smiled when they saw him.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
I don't know what you're talking about. I saw him at Gibson's last night. Everyone in the room smiled when they saw him.

You are so right. I forgot about that. That is key. When you see Ozzie and smile, that definitely means you have supporters and you should keep your job.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
Damn, I'm startin' to feel bad for Ozzie. I liked it better when it was just Sox fans that lambasted him. Now it's a world-wide epidemic. People in third-world countries are hating on Ozzie now. Yes, I used hyperbole. But you get the point.

People in the KC area are laughing at the Sox and Ozzie. Not even our eternal optimists can't think of a reason Ozzie should still be managing, let alone get an extension.

Your team needs to cut their losses and start fresh.

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
People in the KC area are laughing at the Sox and Ozzie. Not even our eternal optimists can't think of a reason Ozzie should still be managing, let alone get an extension.

Your team needs to cut their losses and start fresh.

Greg says people in Lawrence think otherwise...even "sabes" people.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
KC fans have no reason to laugh at anybody. They haven't played a meaningful baseball game in about 20 years.

We could be the laughing stock in all of baseball. But there's teams with larger payrolls that suck even more, so that doesn't happen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 05:29 AM)
We could be the laughing stock in all of baseball. But there's teams with larger payrolls that suck even more, so that doesn't happen.

The Sox losing streak might hit double digits this time. Our team is dead and the Royals are on a mission to finish strong.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 16, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)

We could be the laughing stock of baseball, versus Kansas City having been the laughing stock for 20 plus years now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2011 -> 08:52 AM)
We could be the laughing stock of baseball, versus Kansas City having been the laughing stock for 20 plus years now.

But they have a great farm system that has yet transitioned them to a winning franchise.

Do they have "We suck as baseball but at least we don't have a high payroll" t-shirts in KC.