How to Get Viciedo in the Line UP

Lillian

QUOTE (since56 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
Viciedo in right, Quentin in left and Lillibridge at third. The pitchers may as well just give up. To get Viciedo in the batting order I guess you must put him in left or right, but yikes what an outfield. Not much worse than it is now though with Pierre.

Who leads off? Vizquel, the second baseman. I can live without Beckham in the starting lineup. I too wish we had Getz at second and leading off.

Sucks almost as much as Pierre, soooo why do you want him?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:43 PM)
Last nights game he turned a double into a triple with his weak arm (I'm probably being overly harsh on that) and on the Torri Hunter fly that was a catchable ball that a good outfielder makes 8 out of 10 times.

He turned that double into a triple not just with his weak arm but by playing the long carom off the wall rather than going to the corner and getting it, when you have no arm and maybe the fastest player in the bigs running the bases you can't wait for the ball to come to you 20+ feet down the left field wall, you need to go get it, that's just bad defense.

The first hit off Peavy was also due to poor defense from Pierre, he got an awful jump on the ball allowing it to fall in front of him.

The dropped flyball off the bat of Hunter was pretty brutal. Instead of trusting the track he slowed up to feel for the wall when he was still well out of range forcing himself to leave his feet on a ball that was not just behind him but a few feet to his left giving himself little chance of making the play.

I believe it was game 2 that he jogged to a ball hit softly in front of him toward the line, a single for most outfielders he turned it into a double by underestimating Kendrick's aggressiveness and lacking an adequate throwing arm.

Last year baserunners didn't take full advantage of Pierre's weak arm, the opposite is true this season, they're taking that extra base and the added pressure of having to get to the ball and get it in as quickly as possible is only going to lead to more miscues.

It's super early so sample sizes are small but he's more than earned his -34.3 UZR/150 for the season (4th worst OF in baseball, ahead of a 39 year old, a converted catcher playing in one of the biggest outfields in baseball and Nate McLouth), -2.6 ARM (worst in baseball) and -1.1 WAR (worst in baseball).

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
He turned that double into a triple not just with his weak arm but by playing the long carom off the wall rather than going to the corner and getting it, when you have no arm and maybe the fastest player in the bigs running the bases you can't wait for the ball to come to you 20+ feet down the left field wall, you need to go get it, that's just bad defense.

The first hit off Peavy was also due to poor defense from Pierre, he got an awful jump on the ball allowing it to fall in front of him.

The dropped flyball off the bat of Hunter was pretty brutal. Instead of trusting the track he slowed up to feel for the wall when he was still well out of range forcing himself to leave his feet on a ball that was not just behind him but a few feet to his left giving himself little chance of making the play.

I believe it was game 2 that he jogged to a ball hit softly in front of him toward the line, a single for most outfielders he turned it into a double by underestimating Kendrick's aggressiveness and lacking an adequate throwing arm.

Last year baserunners didn't take full advantage of Pierre's weak arm, the opposite is true this season, they're taking that extra base and the added pressure of having to get to the ball and get it in as quickly as possible is only going to lead to more miscues.

It's super early so sample sizes are small but he's more than earned his -34.3 UZR/150 for the season (4th worst OF in baseball, ahead of a 39 year old, a converted catcher playing in one of the biggest outfields in baseball and Nate McLouth), -2.6 ARM (worst in baseball) and -1.1 WAR (worst in baseball).

lol. Like you said, it's still early as s***. But that doesn't even look right. JP is fun/entertaining bad right now.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)

Who are they? My interest is piqued.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)

Lol he has literally been the worst player in baseball and is leading off for us. Awesome.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:59 PM)
Lol he has literally been the worst player in baseball and is leading off for us. Awesome.

His wOBA of .266 is the 5th worst in all of baseball among batters with at least 150 plate appearances. That's pretty putrid. wOBA, as I'm sure you know, ignores defense and focuses only on what an offensive player can control, much like FIP for pitchers. So even when people say the defense is a fluke, he's not contributing in any other aspect. He's a waste of a roster spot. Seems like a solid guy. Hard worker. But he's not good as at baseball. And something has to be f***ing done about it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
His wOBA of .266 is the 5th worst in all of baseball among batters with at least 150 plate appearances. That's pretty putrid. wOBA, as I'm sure you know, ignores defense and focuses only on what an offensive player can control, much like FIP for pitchers. So even when people say the defense is a fluke, he's not contributing in any other aspect. He's a waste of a roster spot. Seems like a solid guy. Hard worker. But he's not good as at baseball. And something has to be f***ing done about it.

Jeezus the f***er is bad. I think I would play a better left field than he has this season, and that's not even an exaggeration -__-.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)

3rd worst ISO in baseball last season (0.41) only ahead of Cesar Izturis and Elvis Andrus, I know he's a leadoff hitter and silly people think this stat doesn't matter for them but that's totally unacceptable. He's currently at 0.28 this season which is the worst in baseball and is on pace for 13 XBH which would tie Morrie Rath of the 1912 White Sox for the LEAST IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME in a single season with at least 700 PA (725 instances). Yeah, bad. his 22 last season were the 7th least ever, BTW.

To widen the scope a bit: 5,902 times has a player recorded at least 600 PA in a season, only 5 times has someone managed less than 13 XBH and 3 of those were in the nineteen oughts.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
3rd worst ISO in baseball last season (0.41) only ahead of Cesar Izturis and Elvis Andrus, I know he's a leadoff hitter and silly people think this stat doesn't matter for them but that's totally unacceptable. He's currently at 0.28 this season which is the worst in baseball and is on pace for 13 XBH which would be tie Morrie Rath of the 1912 White Sox for the LEAST IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME in a single season with at least 700 PA (725 instances). Yeah, bad. his 22 last season were the 7th least ever, BTW.

To widen the scope a bit: 5,902 times has a player recorded at least 600 PA in a season, only 5 times has someone managed less than 13 XBH and 3 of those were in the oughts.

Im just laughing the whole time while reading this post. New low Ozzie, new low.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
JP is so bad that he's brought Kalapse out of hiding. How pathetic is it that this guy is going to get 4-5 at bats every game for the rest of the season unless he gets hurt?

Bingo!!! I'm hoping for a hamstring. Nothing serious, just enough to keep him off the field

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
But not because of something stupid like what Juan Pierre thinks of him. That's the whole point. And the other side of that is that all people, and managers, play favorites.

Pierre has to be a favorite of Ozzie's. Otherwise he wouldn't be out there every day. Any yahoo can see he is hurting the team. I would love to be a fly onn the wall when OZ and Kenny discuss him.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 12, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Pierre has to be a favorite of Ozzie's. Otherwise he wouldn't be out there every day. Any yahoo can see he is hurting the team. I would love to be a fly onn the wall when OZ and Kenny discuss him.

We are coming into interleague play. A konerko, Dunn platoon might be a change but if Pierre can't get on what value is sucessfully stealing a base every other time?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:46 PM)
That isn't true. Outside of his arm, Juan Pierre has been an above average left fielder. Last season might have been his best defensive season but he's always been above average in every area but arm strength for a LFer.

I know the numbers say he isn't terrible, but Juan has always been a guy who takes terrible routes and gets terrible reads. However, yes, his speed helps him make up for that stuff and inflates his numbers.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 13, 2011 -> 02:03 AM)
I know the numbers say he isn't terrible, but Juan has always been a guy who takes terrible routes and gets terrible reads. However, yes, his speed helps him make up for that stuff and inflates his numbers.

UZR says he is the 4th WORST fielder, and WAR suggests he is the #1 WORST player in baseball.

The numbers hate him just as much as we all do.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 13, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
:usa

Available for "only" a $6.15 million rental for the last two months of the season.

ALL IN!!!

Might end up reminiscent of the Manny deal if they made it, but the odds are 1 in 100. Has KW ever expressed a "man crush" for him on the record?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 12, 2011 -> 05:38 PM)

This is what irked me the more than anything else.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 12, 2011 -> 06:25 PM)
Sucks almost as much as Pierre, soooo why do you want him?

Getz is hitting.221. You are right. I just felt a guy who went through most every level in the organization ( when people on this site are always saying we have no home grown talent ) deserved a better shot. Especially when Beckham is.......well Beckham, but Getz is doing no better. Vizquel could lead off and play second or third.