WTF are we waiting for ? Call up Viciedo !

macsandz

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 03:31 AM)
Lots of wishful thinking until Ozzie decides to sit Pierre.

In my opinion, this article was Kenny's way of saying that he wants Viciedo playing in LF but Ozzie wants Pierre instead. Just like last year, it's his way of putting Ozzie in the spotlight.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
In my opinion, this article was Kenny's way of saying that he wants Viciedo playing in LF but Ozzie wants Pierre instead. Just like last year, it's his way of putting Ozzie in the spotlight.

He's the GM. He should have the balls to do whatever he wants personnel wise. It's not like our record is any good. Ozzie should have no clout about now.

Both their jobs should be on the line.

If KW thinks Viciedo is ready and thinks Pierre sucks he should call up Viciedo.

I still will have to see it to believe it that the Sox would just DFA Pierre. Trade him to some NL team for some Class A bum.

If Dayan is called up and lets say he is a regular somehow... where would does he play... RF? Now Quentin has played some pretty decent D in right so would they actually want to move him over to LF where who knows if he regresses over there. Or do we put Viciedo in LF? Any1 know if one is easier than the other?

The Sox can probably get Lillibridge's bat in the lineup 3-5 times a week just by subbing him in during matchup situations. On days he is not in the lineup, have Vizquel play 3B and leadoff. On days neither Lillibridge nor Vizquel are in the lineup, go with Alexei or Rios or, f***, Dunn or Quentin. After the first inning, the actual batting order becomes generally irrelevant. So long as you have a good hitter hitting 1st, you're fine.

I also flat out DFA Pierre. There's no way in hell I'm going to give Ozzie a chance to start him over Pierre, and really it's a matter of respect to a veteran player. You simply say "We don't want to disrespect you by benching you, but we feel that our team is better heading in a different direction. We are going to designate you for assignment and if anyone claims you, we assume they are going to start you. Otherwise, we will release you afterwards so you can find the situation that works the best for you. Thank you for your year and a half, your hard work has been appreciated." And then you never have to worry about Juan Pierre again.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 05:13 AM)
The Sox can probably get Lillibridge's bat in the lineup 3-5 times a week just by subbing him in during matchup situations. On days he is not in the lineup, have Vizquel play 3B and leadoff. On days neither Lillibridge nor Vizquel are in the lineup, go with Alexei or Rios or, f***, Dunn or Quentin. After the first inning, the actual batting order becomes generally irrelevant. So long as you have a good hitter hitting 1st, you're fine.

I also flat out DFA Pierre. There's no way in hell I'm going to give Ozzie a chance to start him over Pierre, and really it's a matter of respect to a veteran player. You simply say "We don't want to disrespect you by benching you, but we feel that our team is better heading in a different direction. We are going to designate you for assignment and if anyone claims you, we assume they are going to start you. Otherwise, we will release you afterwards so you can find the situation that works the best for you. Thank you for your year and a half, your hard work has been appreciated." And then you never have to worry about Juan Pierre again.

What dream world are you living in?

Release a guy out of "respect to a veteran player?"

I know you want him gone, but that is a total reach. The guy is hitting .260 which is not worthless no matter what you Juan-haters think.

You don't just release the guy.

You trade him or add Dayan and platoon him with Juan.

I am assuming Viciedo is playing left in the minors. If he's playing right we really have problems cause Dayan probably will be a butcher in left if he's used to right.

I'd love to dump Pierre too. If he went, and Viciedo took over in LF, I would move Rios to the top of the lineup. I think he might hit much better there, knowing his role is to get on base and run. I'd keep Lillibridge in reserve and use him as we do now to give guys a break, and as a LIDP. Have Viciedo hit #6 behind Dunn.

Rios

Ramirez

Quentin

Konerko

Dunn

Viciedo

AJ

Beckham

Morel

Bench: Lillibridge, Vizquel, Castro, Teahan.

If Dunn starts hitting, that lineup would hit a ton of HRs. We'd also strike out a lot.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)

I know you want him gone, but that is a total reach. The guy is hitting .260 which is not worthless no matter what you Juan-haters think.

I am assuming Viciedo is playing left in the minors. If he's playing right we really have problems cause Dayan probably will be a butcher in left if he's used to right.

A guy with zero power, defensive lapses, inability to steal, inability to lay down bunts. How is that at all above replacement level. Let me put it another way. How valuable is Jerry Owens these days. Because as of now, JP is pretty much Jerry Owens.

No one wants him so trading him is not going to happen. And platooning him is a waste of time.

And you realize that RF is harder to play than LF. A RF typically has a stronger arm, etc. This is not little league where you shove the kid who doesnt know how to play in RF. People who can play RF can play LF as well.

Edited by southsideirish71

Pierre is still ranked by fangraphs as the worst OF in the AL with a -1 WAR.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...=2011&ind=0

Edited by VAfan

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
Just let Alexei leadoff.

Then who hits second? I wouldn't mess with Alexei at this point. He's done well at #2. Rios, on the other hand, needs a change of scenery. The only time he's hit for us was nearer the top of the lineup.

Look, I know I'm nuts. I let my emotions (from a sporting sense) get the best of me at times. But what the hell are you talking about? Trade Pierre? For what? Raccoon s***? What the hell is the market for a near 34-year old with no discernable skill whatsoever? .260 is not worthless? It is when you can't get on base at an acceptable rate for a player that inexplicably leads the league in PAs, has about as much power potential as Justin Biebier or Lil Bow Wow, steals bases at a 50% clip and cant catch the damn baseball. Do you really believe this team would suffer without JP? He needs to go.

.260 isn't worthless when there's a good ISO to go along with it, Juan's at .046 so yeah, that insanely soft .260 is worthless. If you're gonna hit .260 try keeping your ISO away from the very bottom of baseball (2nd LOWEST!) oh yeah, and the 9 times he's been erased from the basepaths in a futile attempt to swipe a bag makes that .260 just that much weaker.

Penalize his batting average for the 9 CS and he's hitting .224, boost his SLG for the 10 SB and his first slash stats are .224/---/.308 putting his ISO at .084 which would be good for 23rd worst in baseball just ahead of AJ Pierzynski. Jonathan Sanchez has 1 less double than Juan Pierre this season. Where's the payoff?

.260 hitter going about 50/50 on the basepaths, sporting a league worst ISO and a walk rate in the bottom 30 percentile of baseball. Yeah, that's not donin' it for me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
I can't wait for him to come up and play 2 games a week.

Lol, I mean I see what you did here, but have you read the article? Seems like Oz and KW are on the same page about playing this kid every day.

Good news.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)
Look, I know I'm nuts. I let my emotions (from a sporting sense) get the best of me at times. But what the hell are you talking about? Trade Pierre? For what? Raccoon s***? What the hell is the market for a near 34-year old with no discernable skill whatsoever? .260 is not worthless? It is when you can't get on base at an acceptable rate for a player that inexplicably leads the league in PAs, has about as much power potential as Justin Biebier or Lil Bow Wow, steals bases at a 50% clip and cant catch the damn baseball. Do you really believe this team would suffer without JP? He needs to go.

Basically I'm saying u guys are preaching to the choir (cliche).

The White Sox aren't going to simply release a moderately productive player.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 01:30 AM)

greg, step back for a moment and ask yourself

what about pierre's game THIS YEAR has been 'moderately productive'

stop looking at his career as a whole, and look at 2011 by itself.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)

This is one of my favorite posts of all time

:notworthy

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2011 -> 09:44 PM)

FINALLY someone reads between the lines here. The most indicative quote here by KW is: "I'm not going to bring him here to sit. [White Sox manager] Ozzie [Guillen] is not ready to change the mix he has right now, and that has to be respected."

Of course, as I have been saying for a few months, KW needs to grow a pair and DFA Pierre today and quit worrying about Ozzie's reaction so much. I really think KW is worried that making this move would rock the boat and create the type of relationship they've had in the past and he doesn't want to go there. But it's time to do whats right for the team and quit worrying if Ozzie's p*ssy will hurt when KW makes this decision.

If anything is obvious, it's the fact that Ozzie should NOT be making decisions on who should be on the roster. He's already proved he has no clue by wanting Kotsay over Thome, Owens over Quentin, JP over Dayan, etc.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 01:30 AM)

Jeff Gray was moderately productive. They had no problem releasing him.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)
meh, I take greg more seriously at this point than J4L.

That is very, very bad.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 05:36 AM)
That is very, very bad.

I'd like to agree with you, but over the past week or so J4L has taken it to a whole other level between his hate on the Sox organization and his NBA talk. At least I believe that greg actually believes this because he just likes the white sox so much.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 06:08 AM)
I'd like to agree with you, but over the past week or so J4L has taken it to a whole other level between his hate on the Sox organization and his NBA talk. At least I believe that greg actually believes this because he just likes the white sox so much.

Then you don't get him.. at all. I personally think he's an outstanding poster and thoroughly keeps me entertained on this board, which can become very dry of posting styles at times.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 07:16 AM)
Then you don't get him.. at all. I personally think he's an outstanding poster and thoroughly keeps me entertained on this board, which can become very dry of posting styles at times.

I like the guy and think he is knowledgeable and definitely entertaining. Just think he's been trying to rile people up lately, which I have enjoyed. Him vs. the board on Dirk vs. Bird and Russell vs. Ben Wallace was awesome. Also he is completely right on Juan Pierre, the guy blows and needs to not be on the roster. I just don't think he actually believes some of the stuff he posts.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2011 -> 12:02 AM)
.260 isn't worthless when there's a good ISO to go along with it, Juan's at .046 so yeah, that insanely soft .260 is worthless. If you're gonna hit .260 try keeping your ISO away from the very bottom of baseball (2nd LOWEST!) oh yeah, and the 9 times he's been erased from the basepaths in a futile attempt to swipe a bag makes that .260 just that much weaker.

Penalize his batting average for the 9 CS and he's hitting .224, boost his SLG for the 10 SB and his first slash stats are .224/---/.308 putting his ISO at .084 which would be good for 23rd worst in baseball just ahead of AJ Pierzynski. Jonathan Sanchez has 1 less double than Juan Pierre this season. Where's the payoff?

.260 hitter going about 50/50 on the basepaths, sporting a league worst ISO and a walk rate in the bottom 30 percentile of baseball. Yeah, that's not donin' it for me.

Why bother with greg. He doesn't understand anything you just typed. All he knows are the most basic stats like batting average, HR, stolen bases, errors, wins/losses, and saves. As long as any of those look respectable then greg is happy.