AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:47 PM)
F*** Red Sox Nation!!!

Oh yes. Please believe me when I say this. I respect the f*** out of that organization. But Red Sox fans? I'd rather see the Cubs win a title before the Red Sox win another. Red Sox fans are disgusting and they need to be executed. They think the baseball world revolves around them. They're much worse than Yankees fans.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
Nice to win with three lousy hits. Thanks AJP.

Great pitching ... again.

It truly is amazing to me this team is .500 considering the plethora of lousy at bats night in and night out. I think it's a minor miracle.

The Hitless Wonders, circa 2011?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 03:57 AM)
I dont understand, I thought the Red Sox had an amazing offense and the White Sox only had a 10 percent chance to win and Gavin was a mental midget in important games. Does not compute

I'd rather not hear any more from the Floyd haters. I was thinking of that mental midget stuff as well.

He's pretty good pitcher, not deserving of any mental midget crap IMO.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
I dont understand, I thought the Red Sox had an amazing offense and the White Sox only had a 10 percent chance to win and Gavin was a mental midget in important games. Does not compute

But there was no Agon! He's worth 5 runs by himself. Anyway, I knew this was coming. Hey, seems like even the best teams have that one annoying mosquito they can't seem to squash.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)
Oh yes. Please believe me when I say this. I respect the f*** out of that organization. But Red Sox fans? I'd rather see the Cubs win a title before the Red Sox win another. Red Sox fans are disgusting and they need to be executed. They think the baseball world revolves around them. They're much worse than Yankees fans.

That seems a little harsh doesn't it?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
I don't literally mean that. But I do think they're the most obnoxious fanbase there is.

At least they know their baseball (for the most part). I say Cubs fans are worse.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 09:39 PM)
Gavin 6-0 lifetime against Red Sox. 3-0 0.81 ERA last 3 starts since the ASB. White Sox 7 straight W's against BoSox.

He wants to be the one traded

I am sure I am going to take heat from Dick Allen on this, but isn't it a strike against Walker regarding the development of Beckham and Morel? I mean, BOTH of those guys came up hitting the ball with authority before Walk had a chance to get inside their head.

Now, they are punchless Judy's. Little b*tches.

At least Morel showed some pop last year. Now he is swinging defensively on 2-0 counts where it appears he's just looking to make contact. Nice job coach.

I know I am going to get the "wait, Beckham sucked his first 2 weeks before Walker fixed him" in the AL during his rookie campaign. Please, we're all smarter than that aren't we? Every rookie struggles a bit out of the gate. You throw the first 2-3 weeks out as it's just "getting acclimated" time.

Morel showed pop last year, and now he's a little bedwetter who's looking for mommy at the end of the night. Let's call it what it is.

Someone (probably Balta) will throw out his batting average over the last month or two and it will look "okay," just like Juan Pierre.

Someone will respond with his SLG/OPS and on-base percentage numbers, which will show him in the Bottom 5-10% of MLB players.

Then a response will be that he's just a rookie and not getting consistent playing time.

To which the response will be that he's playing only against the most favorable pitching match-ups and he'd actually be worse if he was playing everyday.

Which will lead back to a discussion of his minor league numbers and how he's adjusted over time every place he's played.

Which will lead to the fact that in none of those situations was he playing in the heat of a major league pennant race.

And of course the comparisons to B. Anderson in 2006 and the fact that HE SHOULDN'T be relied on offensively with all the veterans we have...to which someone will say you just can't have a 3B hitting with a 550 OPS, even if it's Brooks Robinson.

And then we'll hear that almost all the MLB 3B are having pretty "off" seasons statistically, and that 675-725 OPS over there is the "new 800 gold standard" at the position.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:46 PM)
I am sure I am going to take heat from Dick Allen on this, but isn't it a strike against Walker regarding the development of Beckham and Morel? I mean, BOTH of those guys came up hitting the ball with authority before Walk had a chance to get inside their head.

Now, they are punchless Judy's. Little b*tches.

At least Morel showed some pop last year. Now he is swinging defensively on 2-0 counts where it appears he's just looking to make contact. Nice job coach.

I know I am going to get the "wait, Beckham sucked his first 2 weeks before Walker fixed him" in the AL during his rookie campaign. Please, we're all smarter than that aren't we? Every rookie struggles a bit out of the gate. You throw the first 2-3 weeks out as it's just "getting acclimated" time.

Morel showed pop last year, and now he's a little bedwetter who's looking for mommy at the end of the night. Let's call it what it is.

I really want Frank as the hitting coach.

"Brent! Gordon! The f*** you doing?"

"Looking overpowered and scared."

"f*** that. Take this old, rusty pipe and stare down the pitcher like he owes you money."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
Someone (probably Balta) will throw out his batting average over the last month or two and it will look "okay," just like Juan Pierre.

Someone will respond with his SLG/OPS and on-base percentage numbers, which will show him in the Bottom 5-10% of MLB players.

Then a response will be that he's just a rookie and not getting consistent playing time.

To which the response will be that he's playing only against the most favorable pitching match-ups and he'd actually be worse if he was playing everyday.

Which will lead back to a discussion of his minor league numbers and how he's adjusted over time every place he's played.

Which will lead to the fact that in none of those situations was he playing in the heat of a major league pennant race.

And of course the comparisons to B. Anderson in 2006 and the fact that HE SHOULDN'T be relied on offensively with all the veterans we have...to which someone will say you just can't have a 3B hitting with a 550 OPS, even if it's Brooks Robinson.

And then we'll hear that almost all the MLB 3B are having pretty "off" seasons statistically, and that 675-725 OPS over there is the "new 800 gold standard" at the position.

This was awesome. :lolhitting

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)

You missed the part where you jump in and reference Jessica Alba, Justin Beiber, and Norberto Martin. If we are going to be correct, that has to be in there

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
No, c'mon, get real!!!

It has to be tied into Green Lantern, Captain America, Inception, Memento or Churros somehow. Maybe Obama, just for good measure.

Don't call me PACO.

Damn you...now I'm hungry for churros!