Fielder to Detroit 9 years $214million

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
That D will be so horrendously bad.

I honestly think that with Cabrera-Prince at the corners, it'll make it really hard for non-Verlanders to pitch over fielding mistakes. I don't like this move long term for Detroit. It might work for a year.

Defense doesn't win championships

lol

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
jonmorosi Jon Morosi

#Tigers had Miguel Cabrera get into shape to play third base, just in case, source says. Fielder 1B/DH, Cabrera 1B/3B/DH.

What kind of shape...by who's standards?!? I'll believe that when I see it...

Great deal for Detroit int he short term. Probably might even win them a title. Although I freaked out with the Miggy trade and what did Detroit get out of that? One playoff run that ended in elimination...

In 4-5 years they'll be regretting it BIG TIME.

Impact on our White Sox...thinking KW signs Cespedes now that he has established residency. Kenny can't hold back from countering this move because in his head he is competing with the Tigers in 2012 and 2013....

also can't let Cubs outbid us...they are taking a shot at the sox with their new marketing (baseball is better during the day, our baseball is better)

also can't let the marlins take ozzie, buehrle, and cespedes from us...

i think kenny overpays to get him.

Edited by rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
I don't care if Miggy is "in shape" to play 3rd.

That D will be horrendous

They'll experiment with it. If he's horrendous, and he probably will be, they're not going to leave him there. As far as the deal overall? s***, this division is spoken for through at least 2014. I don't care what anybody says. We know what the Sox are. The Twins might actually be in worse shape than the Sox. The Royals still have no SP. The Indians are probably the one team you could make a non-silly sounding case for (i.e. Ubaldo reverting back to first-half 2010 form). We all know that they'll regret this when Prince is 31, 32, 33. But right now he's 27 and in his prime. I cannot ever remember a time where you had this many potential powerhouses in the AL at one time. The days of NY/Boston and everybody else are long over with.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
They'll experiment with it. If he's horrendous, and he probably will be, they're not going to leave him there. As far as the deal overall? s***, this division is spoken for through at least 2014. I don't care what anybody says. We know what the Sox are. The Twins might actually be in worse shape than the Sox. The Royals still have no SP. The Indians are probably the one team you could make a non-silly sounding case for (i.e. Ubaldo reveting back to first-half 2010 form). We all know that they'll regret this when Prince is 31, 32, 33. But right now he's 27 and in his prime. I cannot ever remember a time where you had this many potential powerhouses in the AL at one time. The days of NY/Boston and everybody are long over with.

Come on man, you know what happens when you call a team a powerhouse.

Ironically, the Knicks have great offensive players and terrible D.

It's all falling into place.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Come on man, you know what happens when you call a team a powerhouse.

Ironically, the Knicks have great offensive players and terrible D.

It's all falling into place.

And the Tigers were a couple wins away from the World Series last year and now feature without question the three best players in the division. And I mean that as in a distance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 24, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
They'll experiment with it. If he's horrendous, and he probably will be, they're not going to leave him there. As far as the deal overall? s***, this division is spoken for through at least 2014. I don't care what anybody says. We know what the Sox are. The Twins might actually be in worse shape than the Sox. The Royals still have no SP. The Indians are probably the one team you could make a non-silly sounding case for (i.e. Ubaldo reverting back to first-half 2010 form). We all know that they'll regret this when Prince is 31, 32, 33. But right now he's 27 and in his prime. I cannot ever remember a time where you had this many potential powerhouses in the AL at one time. The days of NY/Boston and everybody else are long over with.

I'm not fully sold on the Indians in the near future. I think Tigers are the clear favorites the next few years with KC jumping into contention if Montgomery/Lamb/Odorizzi make the jump or they add some legitimate starting pitching like the Nats and Reds did with Gio and Latos trades.