Adam Dunn on the Chris Sale diet?

Heads22

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
For comparison's sake, this is what he looked like on September 27

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/127410724...3435CB362D63EEE

and on White Sox photo day exactly one year ago:

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/109455842...5CC0BE0431EBC30

Neither of those links work.

And damn, you guy beat me to it w/ this thread.

I heard about this. Towards the beginning of June when it was dawning on management that this was going to be one of those days (seasons), Walker began crafting a last resort plan- not to save the season, but to save JOBS (his, Kenny's, Adam's, and so on). After many nights with a bottle of Jack and inexplicable bouts of laughter that came from no where, the best he could do was the "trick the opposition into thinking that Adam Dunn is Chris Sale". Realistically, 2012 season was the earliest we would see this plan in effect. Walker, unfortunately, did not make it. Another problem is that MLB pitchers were treated to a full year of watching Adam Dunn get straight up beaten by every pitch thrown at him, so the opposition would probably be more careful/throw closer to 100% if they thought it was Chris instead of Adam. We all remember those times that the catcher was already in the act of throwing the ball back to the pitcher before Adam swung. No one really talked about it because it was unpleasant to think about/hearken back to. Sometimes umpires pretended that he was just taking a practice cut before the next pitch. Everyone in the park knew better, no one (not even opposing battery) said anything about it. Walker's pllan straight up backfired.

QUOTE (MAX @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
I thought he looked in better shape when I saw that 1 minute interview in the other thread. But I figured if he was this much thinner it would have been reported.

It was reported, just everybody called it another "fluff" piece by the media.

I'd be shocked if he hasn't lost almost twice the 30 lbs. suggested in this thread. He's a huge guy, and was considerably overweight.

50 - 60 pounds is not that much for a guy his size. That photo reveals a svelt physique, more than 30 pounds leaner than the obese Adam Dunn of 2011.

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
I heard about this. Towards the beginning of June when it was dawning on management that this was going to be one of those days (seasons), Walker began crafting a last resort plan- not to save the season, but to save JOBS (his, Kenny's, Adam's, and so on). After many nights with a bottle of Jack and inexplicable bouts of laughter that came from no where, the best he could do was the "trick the opposition into thinking that Adam Dunn is Chris Sale". Realistically, 2012 season was the earliest we would see this plan in effect. Walker, unfortunately, did not make it. Another problem is that MLB pitchers were treated to a full year of watching Adam Dunn get straight up beaten by every pitch thrown at him, so the opposition would probably be more careful/throw closer to 100% if they thought it was Chris instead of Adam. We all remember those times that the catcher was already in the act of throwing the ball back to the pitcher before Adam swung. No one really talked about it because it was unpleasant to think about/hearken back to. Sometimes umpires pretended that he was just taking a practice cut before the next pitch. Everyone in the park knew better, no one (not even opposing battery) said anything about it. Walker's pllan straight up backfired.

lol