2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
STAT OF THE DAY, STAT OF THE DAY....

Robbie Gould, who is the 3rd most accurate kicker in NFL history, has never ranked in the top 5 in FG% in a single season throughout his career. In his 9 year career he's only been in the top 10 3 times.

I think with Gould it's more about consistency than elite ability. He's the third most kicker in NFL history because he's consistent year in and year out. The top kickers this year has had years in the past where they kicked in the 70% range. Bears are willing to pay Gould four years at top dollars means they feel he can be a consistent kicker for at least that duration, and I don't have a problem with that.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (scs787 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 11:10 PM)
STAT OF THE DAY, STAT OF THE DAY....

Robbie Gould, who is the 3rd most accurate kicker in NFL history, has never ranked in the top 5 in FG% in a single season throughout his career. In his 9 year career he's only been in the top 10 3 times.

There's a lot of bottle rocket kickers that come into the NFL. A good season or two, then they flame out. Or average kickers that have one amazing season. Robbie has been amazing consistent.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 27, 2013 -> 02:44 PM)
Weather update for Sunday, much warmer than first anticipated:

Mike Hamernik @MikeHamernik

Models push back Sunday's Polar cold front by 9hrs. Bears fans, players catch a bit of a break.

3PM: 23F WCI: +9

7PM: 15F WCI: -2

the weather sucks

freezing rain.

My prediction (Bears fan)-

GB 45

CHI 33

Rodgers- 20/33 322 YDS 3 TD

Lacy- 22 CAR 144 YDS 2 TD

Starks- 9 CAR 88 YDS TD

----------------------------------------

Cutler- 29/43 350 YDS 2 TD, INT

Forte- 15 CAR 73 YDS TD

Marshall- 8 REC 112 YDS TD

Jeffery- 5 REC 122 YDS TD

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
I don't have a good feeling about today's game, but I also think something completely unexpected is going to happen

Maybe Jay Cutler won't throw an interception? :lol:

Heading down to the game now with four layers on. Bear Down!

I really wish CP wasn't in our division. That dude is going to run circles around us for years. The run he had against the Lions today was truly special. He's also a prime example of why you don't let the most physically talented freak who also has the best vision in the draft (at a skill position nonetheless) fall as far as he did. Lots of teams are going to be regretting that. I don't care if he doesn't know the playbook. He's a great kid and coaches love him. You can always find a way to make that work.

detroit-lions.gif

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
I really wish CP wasn't in our division. That dude is going to run circles around us for years. The run he had against the Lions today was truly special. He's also a prime example of why you don't let the most physically talented freak who also has the best vision in the draft (at a skill position nonetheless) fall as far as he did. Lots of teams are going to be regretting that. I don't care if he doesn't know the playbook. He's a great kid and coaches love him. You can always find a way to make that work.

detroit-lions.gif

Agreed. Best midseason fantasy pickup I've had since Tim Hightower's rookie year.

Living in Minneapolis I see Patterson a lot. He's special.