Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
The Score is un-listenable with Rozner on the air. I really enjoy the Mac/Speigel show, unfortunately, the show is never on the air for enough consistent stretches. Chicago is seriously lacking in good sports radio. Boers is terrible. Jurko kills ESPN. And on and on.

Instead of trying to find young talent, they just keep bringing around the same old voices. Sometimes change is good.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:18 PM)
That's clearly a legacy payment than current merit.

Until the most recent ratings book came out, B&B won their time slot for quite a long time. Mac also brings in ratings. Both of them are annoying in their own ways, but people listen to them

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Instead of trying to find young talent, they just keep bringing around the same old voices. Sometimes change is good.

This is why I stopped listening to sports radio. Same old s....

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)
Generally, I like Mulligan, but despite this being super picky, I cannot stand the way he asked questions. Instead of asking questions, he adds his commentary for about a minute and then ends with an infliction. It just is so annoying.

I know what you are saying, but it really depends on the interview. Sometimes he does that, sometimes he doesnt. He makes me laugh though, he seems like a fun guy to hang out with

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:21 AM)
McNeil is at least entertaining

Boers does nothing. That show is better when he is on vacation.

I think it's funny that if you really pay attention, you can tell which days Boers is doing the show from his house in Mokena.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
I believe he does some shows from his place in FL as well.

Really? Hadn't heard that. The mokena one is true and you can tell. Those shows are much worse when he isn't sitting next to Bernstein. And I struggle through that show that I've listened to for so long.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:55 PM)
I didn't know he was doing that. Frequently?

Yep, my buddy interned for them in college. He said Boers would come in 2-3 days per week. Also said Bernstein (as you could imagine) was a jackass. Boers was nice.

Entire production staff super nice, too.