Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
I don't understand how A's could pull this off unless they could find a team to take on money for them and uh, good luck with that.

Maybe Sox are now indicating that they are willing to include some $$ to facilitate a deal. The landscape sure has changed in the last 5 hours.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:48 PM)
Kubel is a FA...and Kennedy only makes $4.2M and is arb eligible this winter for two years (and he's not gonna get a very big jump with the year he's having ). It'd be silly not to take him if the Dbacks wanted to throw him in IMO...

Honestly, we might almost be better without Kennedy. All he would do is take up innings that should go to Rienzo/Johnson for the rest of this year, and probably next as well.

Of course, if Cooper likes him...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
How has it changed?

Previous reports were Sox were not interested in including any $$ in deals. And all the teams that were out because of $$ issues seem to have jumped back in.

Edited by IowaSoxFan

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
I really don't want to have anything to do with dealing with the A's...eff Beane.

Beane wants to send a couple of prospects to the Sox for Peavy and have them eat money. Then he will trade Peavy this winter for prospects, thus getting him for almost free or even come out ahead. That is the plan.

QUOTE (Getupstretch39 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Well done :lol:

I won that "I hate @cst_Cowley" shirt with a Brad Pitt quote from that movie....should put that on right now actually.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
Previous reports were Sox were not interested in including any $$ in deals. And all the teams that were out because of $$ issues seem to have jumped back in.

And how do we know the Sox will throw in money? It seems Rios to Pittsburgh is held up by money. I think the posturing may have just ended, and the teams that want Jake Peavy now realize it's time to be serious.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
I hope some WSI mods are reading and know that they have a HUGE factor in the amount of readers in this thread.

This is the time they ban a good amount of members.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 01:49 PM)
Honestly, we might almost be better without Kennedy. All he would do is take up innings that should go to Rienzo/Johnson for the rest of this year, and probably next as well.

Of course, if Cooper likes him...

personally I think Kennedy could be a valuable chip to have in your possession.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
personally I think Kennedy could be a valuable chip to have in your possession.

I can see how that would be the case, but I just don't think we have the innings for him. If we have him next year, that puts Johnson down in Charlotte again or forces a trade of one of the left-handers, and neither of those are really ideal.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
They can't ban member if said members don't even post. Times are tough over there lol.

Good they deserve every bit of it. I was banned a few months by doublem for posting a twitter link a few seconds too late during the trade deadline.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2013 -> 02:53 PM)
And how do we know the Sox will throw in money? It seems Rios to Pittsburgh is held up by money. I think the posturing may have just ended, and the teams that want Jake Peavy now realize it's time to be serious.

I dont think we do know that. That is why I was speculating that the Sox may have changed their approach. It could be that teams are done with smoke screens, but it seems to be more than that the way the scenario has radically changed.