Avisail Garcia is the truth.

Steve9347

Since this thread is on Garcia...he was pulled today early in the game after slamming into the wall on a home run.

Walked off very slowly, definitely agree with Hawk that he looked woozy. It's been several hours and no official word from the team yet on his condition which makes me wonder if they're doing a concussion test on him.

I'd guess there's better than a 50/50 chance he winds up on the 7 day concussion Dl.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 04:17 PM)
Robin saying it was more about him being dehydrated, which doesn't really make that much sense.

I've been dehydrated and then tackled before. Hit my head and I was showing concussion symptoms, but passed the evaluation and was fine when I got water. I wouldn't worry.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 25, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
I've been dehydrated and then tackled before. Hit my head and I was showing concussion symptoms, but passed the evaluation and was fine when I got water. I wouldn't worry.

Same. I've had similar circumstances playing football. Sounds like he will be fine.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Aug 26, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
Jake Peavy pitched a three hitter against the Dodgers last night, so I hope Garcia turns out to be the beast we all want him to be. I have faith though. I like the guy.

Should be interesting to see who goes farther in the postseason: Peavy, Rios/AJP. It's going to be weird if AJ wins another WS title with a different team. Peavy is a great gamer; looks like we still have one in Sale.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
Should be interesting to see who goes farther in the postseason: Peavy, Rios/AJP. It's going to be weird if AJ wins another WS title with a different team. Peavy is a great gamer; looks like we still have one in Sale.

It happened to Jaun Uribe.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)

Does AJP even stand a chance with a bum like Rios on the roster?

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 07:13 AM)
Does AJP even stand a chance with a bum like Rios on the roster(

The power of 2005 is much greater than the negative impact of a bum. AJ will channel his inner Oz and win multiple championships

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 06:43 AM)
The power of 2005 is much greater than the negative impact of a bum. AJ will channel his inner Oz and win multiple championships

Did you say Oz ? I love Oz he was a great player and great manager. He has so much personality. He's fun not like boring old Ventura. Ozzie should manage the Sox again and hire Frank Thomas as hitting coach.If Ozzie could have stifled himself he'd have worked forever. His resume will forever include the only Chicago WS title in modern history. Odds are neither Chicago team will win another one in the next 20-50 years so he's going to be a legend a long, long time.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 31, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
Did you say Oz ? I love Oz he was a great player and great manager. He has so much personality. He's fun not like boring old Ventura. Ozzie should manage the Sox again and hire Frank Thomas as hitting coach.If Ozzie could have stifled himself he'd have worked forever. His resume will forever include the only Chicago WS title in modern history. Odds are neither Chicago team will win another one in the next 20-50 years so he's going to be a legend a long, long time.

True. It's a shame Kenny wanted Oz gone so badly and that garbage Marlins owner was too cheap and set Oz up to fail

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2013 -> 11:48 AM)
He has basically zero experience in CF prior to this year right? So anything better than terrible should be viewed as positive?

He hit it a bit in the minors, but yeah not a ton. He's such a big guy that it looks like he's plodding when in reality he is covering alot of ground. It's hard to tell how he would perform over a full season.