Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 12:45 PM)
And then someone originally described as his best friend tweeted "best of luck in Oakland, bud."

Turned out to not likely be anyone he knew.

There was another asking if he was on his way to Oakland. I don't know how much AA guys follow offseason moves and news. I just wonder why he wouldn't respond if it meant something else rather than deleting everything I am sure we will find our fairly soon whether he meant what some of us think he may have meant.

I love twitter during these things. In college football some high level recruit always puts things up like "can't make up my mind!" and it almost always is about pizza, as thousands tweet back "just choose bama!".

I'm scared for this trade. I've become much more timid on trading anything and letting this team develop, but, same time, terrified we are going to waste prime years of abreu/sale. I could talk myself into any strategy at this point. I hope sox pull the right one.

I mean, if that's the headline then I feel terrible for Oakland.

On the plus side, chicago media must be so confused that Chris Sale isn't being involved in the talks for Shark. Is Oakland crazy? Shark should net you at least Sale.

Green should not be necessary there.

Response to the "Stay Down Until You Come Up 100" tweet:

Rick Slattery ‏@rickslat123 3m3 minutes ago

@TimAnderson7 enjoy Oakland. But glad to see Shark and Upton on the southside.

Could be a random guy, or could be his best friend.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 06:58 PM)

LOL. Sorry guys, if Tim Anderson's best friends know this news, it would be broke by now. Big media sources know this before the minor league players do. Or at least know the deal is finalized if not the players.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
LOL. Sorry guys, if Tim Anderson's best friends know this news, it would be broke by now. Big media sources know this before the minor league players do. Or at least know the deal is finalized if not the players.

I'm sure his best friend would call him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)

Green was probably necessary for the last part of that post.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:00 PM)

I'm sure this guy is bs but social media usually finds out before big media, not the other way around.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 08:01 PM)
I'm sure this guy is bs but social media usually finds out before big media, not the other way around.

Perhaps not a big 5 writer does not break it through twitter, but I have not seen a case where a best friend is the first to break news by accidentally tweeting at the minor league prospect involved rather than anybody saying "Samardizajsjsa to w. sox done deal."

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
Perhaps not a big 5 writer does not break it through twitter, but I have not seen a case where a best friend is the first to break news by accidentally tweeting at the minor league prospect involved rather than anybody saying "Samardizajsjsa to w. sox done deal."

Some random teenager broke Trestman to Chicago on Twitter, k0na has broken multiple trades. It happens here and there

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)

Yea it usually/typically someone that works in the legal dept for the team(s) that leaks to a friend who leaks to twitter as "Team Source tells me Grienke to the Brewers" where then Jon Heyman "breaks" the story.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 29, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)

Dudes a WWII vet...I know you were joking, but others seem to be rolling with it.