Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

BOOM!

I love it. This is the best offseason night in the history of Soxtalk. So awesome. I KNEW big big things were happening this offseason. Best part is we're not even close to being done.

Get ready to dream boys and girls... That is, if you can ever sleep again. :D

This has been an awesome day for the baseball fan in me.

It started out with me and Ken Griffey Jr (my favorite player, other than Frank Thomas, as a kid) having a short conversation on an airplane this morning.

And ends with the Sox picking up major needs in Robertson and (likely) Samardzija.

Awesome.

Stupid score app. I fell asleep earlier woke up to us getting shark is all but done. Started falling asleep phone goes off we sign Robertson. Check here wait for numbers, then sports center says we have shark. I find out Iits fake now we have him and waiting for names. Ahh I pray for a delay for work tomorrooww

BOOM!

I love it. This is the best offseason night in the history of Soxtalk. So awesome. I KNEW big big things were happening this offseason. Best part is we're not even close to being done.

Get ready to dream boys and girls... That is, if you can ever sleep again. :D

I mean, we have to be close to being done right? What do we have left in terms of spending money?

I really don't like giving up the presumptive MLB starting 2B for the next X years for one year of Samardzija. It's well-known, I suppose, that I just don't think Samardzija is that great. I hope the Sox see something in him that hasn't really been there in his past production, which wouldn't merit this kind of return for a one-year rental

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
I mean, we have to be close to being done right? What do we have left in terms of spending money?

People were saying we only had about 20 million to spend... I've been pushing back that they'll have twice that.

We're at about 29 so far.

I'm thinking we have another 15 now and that they've seriously considered getting Danks off the books if it makes sense for something that requires more.