Farewell to Dayan Viciedo

Boopa1219

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
baseball has been very very good to Diane V. how much has he made in the last 4 or 5

years? More than enough to go back to Havana and sit on his front porch and eat tacos and

get big and fat and live like a king. thanks, douglas

I don't think that's how defection works...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
baseball has been very very good to Diane V. how much has he made in the last 4 or 5

years? More than enough to go back to Havana and sit on his front porch and eat tacos and

This is just a stupid f***ing post all around.

Happy Birthday Douglas. Thanks, Dick.

Haven't we gotten past calling someone a girls name being an insult? It is the 21st century. Women aren't inferior beings just because of their gender. I won't even touch the other stereotypes.

Would you please stop this? Thanks, snookie lover.

The Reds have at least some interest in outfielder Dayan Viciedo, John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports. The White Sox requested release waivers on Viciedo earlier this week.

“We inquired about him,” says Reds GM Walt Jocketty. “I don’t know how far it will go. We’re looking at where we would play him.”

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/02/reds...an-viciedo.html

I didn't know tacos were a Cuban food.

Because they aren't. They're Mexican.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)
I'm gonna miss Hawk saying HoTfIRe but all I can do is move on.

:lol:

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 10:45 AM)
Would you please stop this? Thanks, snookie lover.

:lol:

What a terrible post. Thanks.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 7, 2015 -> 10:38 AM)

From funny to racist just like that. Yikes.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)
foot in mouth well deserved, tough crowd here.

thanks, douglas

Not a tough crowd. Just not a racist and sexist one. It's 2015 bud, not 1954. Wake the f*** up.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:02 AM)
It wasn't that long ago everyone would call one of our world series pitchers Judy garland all the time.

10 years is 10 years.

Also, we were all teenagers back then ;)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
10 years is 10 years.

Also, we were all teenagers back then ;)

If someone offered you free front row tickets to see the 2 best teams in the NBA play or the 2 best teams in the WNBA play, which would you choose? Would choosing the NBA game be sexist?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:30 AM)
If someone offered you free front row tickets to see the 2 best teams in the NBA play or the 2 best teams in the WNBA play, which would you choose? Would choosing the NBA game be sexist?

Nope.

QUOTE (MAX @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
I eat tacos, and I'm not mexican either. Thanks, MAX.

for me, it was the tacos comment. it was implied since he is hispanic he naturally will be eating tacos all the time. why not say a hamburger or hot dog.

this is another example, if someone said to a african american that he would go on the porch to eat a watermelon.

or

an asian will eat a bowl of rice.

it is the implication of the comment that made it wrong. assuming based on how people grew up socially and what was taken for granted.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 10:10 AM)
for me, it was the tacos comment. it was implied since he is hispanic he naturally will be eating tacos all the time. why not say a hamburger or hot dog.

this is another example, if someone said to a african american that he would go on the porch to eat a box of popeye's chicken.

or

an asian will eat a bowl of rice.

it is the implication of the comment that made it wrong. assuming based on how people grew up socially and what was taken for granted.

Fixed.

God I love their chicken.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 8, 2015 -> 05:34 PM)
Guys, please lighten up on Douglas, thanks.

Really don't want to lose the treasure trove of humor he can provide, thanks.

Missing Marty, and he's the closest facsimile, thanks.

i ignore him for the most part, but that comment, whether he knew it was inappropriate.