2015-2016 NFL Thread

I would like to ask what all the mouth-breathing Romo-hating Cowboys fans think of the Weeden/Castle experience. 0-5 without Romo, yet they have been certain for years that the Cowboys have needed to "dump that bum". I can't stand idiot fans. As much as I hate to see this team suck, I hope it teaches them all a lesson not to take Romo for granted.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
Absolutely. Want them to be competitive and entertaining, but at the end of the day in okay with them showing some real progress but still losing and getting a better draft pick.

Losses are going to happen this team just isn't that talented. As long as the are competing. And a decent draft pick and White coming back next year it will be like two high first round picks.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
A lot depends on free agency this year. A TON of interesting names that MIGHT hit free agency, and the Bears have the 2nd most cap room. Couple that with a good draft focused on the defensive side of the ball and they could be sitting pretty.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
A lot depends on free agency this year. A TON of interesting names that MIGHT hit free agency, and the Bears have the 2nd most cap room. Couple that with a good draft focused on the defensive side of the ball and they could be sitting pretty.

Agreed. People often confuse football with baseball. The right draft can turn your fortunes around immediately.

My biggest concern is the possibility of Vic Fangio being hired somewhere else as a head coach. People must see what he's doing with a severe personnel deficiency.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
I would like to ask what all the mouth-breathing Romo-hating Cowboys fans think of the Weeden/Castle experience. 0-5 without Romo, yet they have been certain for years that the Cowboys have needed to "dump that bum". I can't stand idiot fans. As much as I hate to see this team suck, I hope it teaches them all a lesson not to take Romo for granted.

Whoever complains about Romo from now on is an idiot and not to be taken seriously. They were on their way to being one of the top contenders in the NFC and now with Romo out, they might not win another game until he comes back.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Agreed. People often confuse football with baseball. The right draft can turn your fortunes around immediately.

My biggest concern is the possibility of Vic Fangio being hired somewhere else as a head coach. People must see what he's doing with a severe personnel deficiency.

Better chance of Gase leaving than Fangio

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)

A lot of football experts I've heard are saying that Fangio isn't the type for a HC. I think Fangio is conformable in his current role. It's Gase that you should be worried about.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Better chance of Gase leaving than Fangio

I believe two things about Gase.

1) Gase is doing less with more on the offensive side than Fangio is on the defensive side

2) Gase is gone next year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
A lot of football experts I've heard are saying that Fangio isn't the type for a HC. I think Fangio is conformable in his current role. It's Gase that you should be worried about.

I'm hopeful, but I'm not assuming Fangio doesn't get the call. The Niners should have made Fangio head coach.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Nov 1, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
I believe two things about Gase.

1) Gase is doing less with more on the offensive side than Fangio is on the defensive side

2) Gase is gone next year.

I'm hopeful, but I'm not assuming Fangio doesn't get the call. The Niners should have made Fangio head coach.

Half of their team probably wouldn't have retired...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:14 AM)
I think the Broncos will be eliminated fairly early in the playoffs. Peyton, aside from last night, is just a shell of himself.

They have the best defense in the NFL. I mean they could get knocked out early, but I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the Super Bowl.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
I would take the home team. I think they play each other in a few weeks, huge game for home field advantage.

That game is in Denver, although the Broncos may be worn down after a trip to Soldier Field the week before. :lol:

With their defense, I should give them more credit, but it just seems set up for another Peyton playoff disappointment to the Pats.

Five trades that should happen (but won't)

4. Chicago trades wide receiver Alshon Jeffery to the Falcons for a second-round pick.

With a new general manager and head coach, and a star wide receiver who is poised to leave during free agency, Chicago can recoup a second-round pick for a player it could lose. Meanwhile, Atlanta would gain a true complement to Julio Jones and insurance in the event that his hamstring or foot gives him any more issues this season.