Attendance 2015

Buehrle>Wood

I read where the White Sox TV ratings have gone up a great deal on this winning road trip. I'm just wondering if the White Sox fans will turn out for this upcoming homestand. There are a ton of unsold tickets for this series against the first place Yankees on WhiteSox.com. I'm hoping for some good crowds this weekend which is shaping up as a big series for the White Sox.

Edited by WBWSF

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 07:13 AM)
I read where the White Sox TV ratings have gone up a great deal on this winning road trip. I'm just wondering if the White Sox fans will turn out for this upcoming homestand. There are a ton of unsold tickets for this series against the first place Yankees on WhiteSox.com. I'm hoping for some good crowds this weekend which is shaping up as a big series for the White Sox.

The Yankee series is priced higher than a typical weekend series. But I bet crowds of 25k and higher are possible. Sunday should be well attended as that is a family Sunday

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 06:13 AM)

Surprised Yankees' fans haven't scooped them up already.

Their reaction to this year's team isn't too far removed from our reaction to the 2012 team, not quite trusting it (A-Rod at age 40 is doing what? Teixeira's not hurt again?)...although the Yankees have a much bigger division lead and more veterans on their squad.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox 32m32 minutes ago Chicago, IL

We are expecting big crowds and with Lolla going on — make sure to give yourself plenty of time to get to the games!

On Saturday and Sunday: when lots fill up, remote parking will be available at IIT (will open at 4pm Saturday, 11am Sunday).

As always, keep an eye on our Twitter and we will try to keep you posted as to which lots are full and which gates are crowded.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 11:30 AM)
It looks like it's close to 33k+ on Sunday.

Cheap seats are sold out Fri and Sun. Kinda surprising to see Saturday has so many tickets available.

Gotta buy them early to get the deals!

Friday is also a Fireworks night (with a country music concert if you care about such things). Fireworks always draw well.

Saturday is "Ladies night". Plus they're giving away a Podsednik Bobble Head (2 things that are possibly connected?)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
I'll be there on Friday. Tix were expensive this weekend for sure.

yes, the good seats are expensive when the yanks come to town, but whitesox.com had front row seats available in section 109 for $20. That's a great price for lower deck seating on a Saturday night. Yes, it's "obstructed view" but I don't consider the foul pole that much of an obstruction. It's worth the $20.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 07:28 AM)
Announced attendance was just a little over 30,000. I thought it would be more.

The Blue Jays had under 30,000 at home on a Friday night against the Royals (Cueto starting, too) with all of the momentum in the world behind them this week, the trades for Tulo/Price, "best offense in the game 1-6," etc.

Just like the Sox, teams that have been losing for many years (going back to the World Series teams in the early 90's), it takes time for the fans to jump back on board and trust the organization again 100%.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:40 AM)
The Blue Jays had under 30,000 at home on a Friday night against the Royals (Cueto starting, too) with all of the momentum in the world behind them this week, the trades for Tulo/Price, "best offense in the game 1-6," etc.

Just like the Sox, teams that have been losing for many years (going back to the World Series teams in the early 90's), it takes time for the fans to jump back on board and trust the organization again 100%.

The Royals only draw more than Toronto and the White Sox on the road. Johnny Cueto isn't a road draw. as I have stated many times, walk up tickets aren't as big as they used to be. Most have their seats far in advance.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
The Royals only draw more than Toronto and the White Sox on the road. Johnny Cueto isn't a road draw. as I have stated many times, walk up tickets aren't as big as they used to be. Most have their seats far in advance.

Hogwash.

The Blue Jays have now sold out Monday's game because Price is pitching against the Twins...a game no one really cared about a week or ten days ago.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
It's a major holiday in Canada, I believe

The infamous Civic Day.

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/canada/civic_day.php

From reading that book about the two guys who go to thirty stadiums in thirty days, it was Canada Day that was the hardest to acqcuire tickets for...

The last time they had a home game on this holiday, they didn't even draw 25,000 for a Roy Halladay start in 2008 when the team was 56-56.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 06:19 PM)
The infamous Civic Day.

http://www.officeholidays.com/countries/canada/civic_day.php

From reading that book about the two guys who go to thirty stadiums in thirty days, it was Canada Day that was the hardest to acqcuire tickets for...

The last time they had a home game on this holiday, they didn't even draw 25,000 for a Roy Halladay start in 2008 when the team was 56-56.

Civic Day? If I didn't click the link, I'd have thought that Canadians have a day dedicated to Honda Civics.