Midseason Additions

Y2Jimmy0

The White Sox have obviously been a disappointment and their offense has been terrible. They are lucky to be 19-22 in all honesty. I expect their starting pitching to be better and I also expect Eaton, Cabrera, Abreu, and LaRoche to be better. The White Sox as currently constructed can be anywhere between 5 under and 5 over .500 at any given time. I really think that the Sox will be in position to add to the club come July. I've been looking over some names. The most ideal spots to add would be at C and 3B but those are hard to find.

Ben Zobrist Oakland

Aramis Ramirez Brewers

Martin Prado Marlins

Brandon Phillips (2B) Reds

Jonathan Lucroy Brewers

Brayan Pena Reds

Nick Hundley Rockies

Willin Rosario Rockies

I know that those names aren't terribly inspiring. Zobrist or Ramirez would be nice. I think Lucroy would be a huge addition but will ultimately cost too much. Does anyone have any other ideas? There is already a selling thread so yes I know if it spirals they could entertain dealing Ramirez or Shark.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)
The White Sox have obviously been a disappointment and their offense has been terrible. They are lucky to be 19-22 in all honesty. I expect their starting pitching to be better and I also expect Eaton, Cabrera, Abreu, and LaRoche to be better. The White Sox as currently constructed can be anywhere between 5 under and 5 over .500 at any given time. I really think that the Sox will be in position to add to the club come July. I've been looking over some names. The most ideal spots to add would be at C and 3B but those are hard to find.

Ben Zobrist Oakland

Aramis Ramirez Brewers

Martin Prado Marlins

Brandon Phillips (2B) Reds

Jonathan Lucroy Brewers

Brayan Pena Reds

Nick Hundley Rockies

Willin Rosario Rockies

I know that those names aren't terribly inspiring. Zobrist or Ramirez would be nice. I think Lucroy would be a huge addition but will ultimately cost too much. Does anyone have any other ideas? There is already a selling thread so yes I know if it spirals they could entertain dealing Ramirez or Shark.

Zobrist and Rosario are defensively limited but would be offensive upgrades. Same with Ramirez, probably.

Phillips is interesting...but I wouldn't be in favor of another Shark-Lite deal unless they were legitimately competitive.

Zobrist has played poorly and has been on the DL. I'd give up something like what we gave up for Youkilis, which would be something like Leury and Scott Carroll.

Buehrle isn't having all that great a year and getting paid plenty. I'd give up something like...Myles Jaye and Cleto for him. Problem is then you'd have to figure out what to do with Danks.

Lucroy has been hurt, but you still demand something in terms of trade value, but you can't trade for last year's production. Something like Eddy Alvarez, Jace Fry, Davidson and one of Micah/Sanchez. Revised offer of Montas, Alvarez and Davidson.

For Rosario I'd offer Trayce Thompson, Fry, Davidson and Nolan Sanburn.

Can I see Hahn doing 2012 push for the playoffs type trading? Yes. But Don't expect big splashy pieces other than maybe Rosario or Lucroy.

Untouchables for me would be Danish, Anderson and Adams.

As much as I hate him as a person, maybe Oakland would move Brett Lawrie once Zobrist comes back, as 2 of their top prospects are 3B anyway. Maybe they could try to move Semien to 3B and give Zobrist SS. Outside of his batting avg., he's having the worst year of his career. Maybe he can be had for cheap, exspecially if he's expendable, yet he's still only 25. I'd give it a chance if the cost was significantly lower than it was in the offseason. I'd flip Danish for him.

Only problem with Lawrie outside of his character, is his health.

Not sure about this as a mid-season addition...but who knows...what do you guys think about kicking the tires on Wieters? I know he's a FA..a coming off TJ surgery...and Boras is his agent and all...but he's got some good years left if his TJ went well. From what I've gathered the Orioles are happy with Joseph as their starter...and they have a slew of FAs they need to address. My head's just in catcher mode right now. Roll the dice on Wieters? Others available?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 25, 2015 -> 05:08 PM)
Zobrist has played poorly and has been on the DL. I'd give up something like what we gave up for Youkilis, which would be something like Leury and Scott Carroll.

Buehrle isn't having all that great a year and getting paid plenty. I'd give up something like...Myles Jaye and Cleto for him. Problem is then you'd have to figure out what to do with Danks.

Lucroy has been hurt, but you still demand something in terms of trade value, but you can't trade for last year's production. Something like Eddy Alvarez, Jace Fry, Davidson and one of Micah/Sanchez. Revised offer of Montas, Alvarez and Davidson.

Can I see Hahn doing 2012 push for the playoffs type trading? Yes. But Don't expect big splashy pieces other than maybe Rosario or Lucroy.

Zobrist would be a rental since he is a FA next year. Sox should not be involved in rentals based on their poor start.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 25, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)

What? No way lol.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 25, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
What? No way lol.

I read his stats SO wrong earlier. His avg is .317, OBP of .324 and SLG of .507

My eyes were reading average of .324 OBP of .507 and I didn't question it for some reason. :lol:

I'm kind of excited about prospects of a midseason "do-over." I remember one year the Sox acquired Bobby Bonds, not Barry but Bobby. He was so bad they recognized the problem and dumped him. I believe they did the same with Dan Pasqua. They also knew they erred in acquiring Swisher and also that lousy leadoff hitter Erstad. Dumped all of 'em before the fans picketed.

If Hahn does this right, he can get so many good prospects for Shark, Lexi, LaRoche, Melky, Robertson, Duke it'll make our heads spin. Please Mr. Hahn, start planning some amazing trades. I still say we might be able to steal a few KC prospects for Shark. They are talking daily here about Cueto. Why not Shark?

Robertson will be a huge chip for a contender! Don't mistakenly keep these guys we acquired last offseason in hopes they turn it around next year. When a guy is a bust, he's a bust (can u say Adam Dunn?) Surely some of you agree with me?!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
I'm kind of excited about prospects of a midseason "do-over." I remember one year the Sox acquired Bobby Bonds, not Barry but Bobby. He was so bad they recognized the problem and dumped him. I believe they did the same with Dan Pasqua. They also knew they erred in acquiring Swisher and also that lousy leadoff hitter Erstad. Dumped all of 'em before the fans picketed.

If Hahn does this right, he can get so many good prospects for Shark, Lexi, LaRoche, Melky, Robertson, Duke it'll make our heads spin. Please Mr. Hahn, start planning some amazing trades. I still say we might be able to steal a few KC prospects for Shark. They are talking daily here about Cueto. Why not Shark?

Robertson will be a huge chip for a contender! Don't mistakenly keep these guys we acquired last offseason in hopes they turn it around next year. When a guy is a bust, he's a bust (can u say Adam Dunn?) Surely some of you agree with me?!

And literally no one will ever sign with the Sox again.

I'd agree with you if we had an organization that could properly identify talent.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 26, 2015 -> 03:51 AM)
And literally no one will ever sign with the Sox again.

How do we know these players aren't anxious to get the hell out of Chicago, or at least get off this lousy team? Maybe they'd welcome contending. I'm thinking about sending guys to the Giants, Dodgers, Yankees, Cardinals, Royals, teams like that.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ May 25, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
I'd agree with you if we had an organization that could properly identify talent.

You nailed it. Prospects are useless to this organization. They will unlearn anything about baseball from their previous organization.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 25, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)

If they fall way out of it, Shark and Ramirez could go. Melly, LaRoche, and Robertson aren't going anywhere though. The whole point of trying to win this year was to not waste the prime's of Sale and Abreu. They aren't just going to give up on next year as well.

this org had a horrible approach to coaching in the positional ranks, before, lets say before the Hahn's regime. so how many yrs would it take to have a whole new hitting philosophy / approach to take affect??

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 26, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
If they fall way out of it, Shark and Ramirez could go. Melly, LaRoche, and Robertson aren't going anywhere though. The whole point of trying to win this year was to not waste the prime's of Sale and Abreu. They aren't just going to give up on next year as well.

On that note...

If people in here want to blow it up it doesn't mean just trading Samardzjia, LaRoche, Robertson, Melky, Robertson and Duke.

It means trading those five, Sale, Q, Abreu, Eaton, Alexei.

Everyone but Rodon and Garcia would be for sale.

Sure, you'd have the top system in baseball, but that's all you'll get because free agents wouldn't sign here and players like Sale, Quintana and Eaton would be far less inclined to sign team-friendly deals.

I don't want to see that happen.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 26, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)
On that note...

If people in here want to blow it up it doesn't mean just trading Samardzjia, Robertson, Melky, Robertson and Duke.

It means trading those five, Sale, Q, Abreu, Eaton, Alexei.

Everyone but Rodon and Garcia would be for sale.

Sure, you'd have the top system in baseball, but that's all you'll get because free agents wouldn't sign here and players like Sale, Quintana and Eaton would be far less inclined to sign team-friendly deals.

I don't want to see that happen.

you make an excellent point, let me add this, every team needs that special, lets say, special player, a spark to get the team to be in the same page.

if the sox blows up the team, misses out by trade that spark in Sale, Abreu, Robertson, who knows who will step up to take on that leadership role.