Blue Jays interested in Quintana or Samardjiza

southsider2k5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
Sanchez, Norris, Alford, Pentecost, Stroman, Pompey, Reid-Foley, Urena, DJ Davis, Tellez, etc. They have more than enough to get it done. Whether they're willing to give up the pieces is different.

If we trade Q this week, it isn't going to be for prospects.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
No it wouldn't and there is a big difference between Pentecost and Pompey.

Quintana and LaRoche for Edwin Encarnacion, Daniel Norris, Aaron Sanchez and Max Pentecost.

We want to gamble on Q for EE in a poor year and prospects?....not for me.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:08 PM)
No it wouldn't and there is a big difference between Pentecost and Pompey.

Quintana and LaRoche for Edwin Encarnacion, Daniel Norris, Aaron Sanchez and Max Pentecost.

That trade would be something

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
Sanchez, Norris, Alford, Pentecost, Stroman, Pompey, Reid-Foley, Urena, DJ Davis, Tellez, etc. They have more than enough to get it done. Whether they're willing to give up the pieces is different.

Don't undervalue Quintana. His value is closer to Sale's than you'd think. They don't have enough, unless they'd be willing to include MLB players.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:36 PM)
Don't undervalue Quintana. His value is closer to Sale's than you'd think. They don't have enough, unless they'd be willing to include MLB players.

This. Lots of people undervaluing Quintana around these parts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
ha, no. Q's age and performance is right there.

I don't think there is any question Donaldson is more valuable, but he is about to make some money which would even it out a bit. But no way TOR would do a Donaldson/Q straight up trade even if they were not in contention.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Donaldson has been about a 6.5-7.0 WAR player now for 3 seasons, and he makes little now. While I think Q is under appreciated he isn't as valuable as Donaldson.

Right, but you're also at peak performance for Donaldson.

While Donaldson is more valuable now, it's not a trade I would want the Sox to make, esp considering they'd have to throw in more.

Trade Q for young players, if he must be traded.

But I'm not so sure he must be traded.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Donaldson has been about a 6.5-7.0 WAR player now for 3 seasons, and he makes little now. While I think Q is under appreciated he isn't as valuable as Donaldson.

I wasn't referring to Donaldson. I was referring to the trade suggestions of getting a few of Toronto's decent prospects in exchange for Q. That is extremely undervaluing him.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
I think Norris & either Pompey or Pentecost and a smaller prospect for Quintana would be a very good return. Still not keen on the idea of moving a top 20 pitcher, though.

They were supposed willing to give up a package including Norris, Hoffman and Pompey for Carlos Carrasco but it fell apart.

That's no longer possible, but it would be something like Stroman, Pentecost and Pompey for Q.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
They were supposed willing to give up a package including Norris, Hoffman and Pompey for Carlos Carrasco but it fell apart.

That's no longer possible, but it would be something like Stroman, Pentecost and Pompey for Q.

Add Norris to that I am still not sure the Sox would do it.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:12 PM)
I wasn't referring to Donaldson. I was referring to the trade suggestions of getting a few of Toronto's decent prospects in exchange for Q. That is extremely undervaluing him.

I agree. I don't understand what trading Q for prospects accomplishes other than having your farm system ranked higher. It certainly won't win more games.

Add Norris to that I am still not sure the Sox would do it.

That would be one of the worst trades in Sox history. You guys are criminally undervaluing Quintana.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Or maybe you're biased? Why don't you suggest something original instead of telling everyone else they're wrong.

Well there's no trade I'd make with Toronto for Q, they simply don't have enough to offer, and they wouldn't offer any of their solid MLB players. There are only a few teams who could offer a reasonable package for Quintana. His value is very close to Sale due to their similar contracts.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:42 PM)
Or maybe you're biased? Why don't you suggest something original instead of telling everyone else they're wrong.

What do people think of Stroman's injury?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 03:56 PM)
FWIW, Heyman, Rosenthal, Bowden and O'Dowd just got done discussing Shark, none think he'll be traded, not with the recent surge.

Against these crap ass teams...we'll find out over the next two weeks when they play 4 good teams if they made the right decision.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
I agree. I don't understand what trading Q for prospects accomplishes other than having your farm system ranked higher. It certainly won't win more games.

Improve catcher, 3b, OF.

Get some bullets to trade for a rent in a year or 2 when it may make sense to trade for that cherry on top.

Edited by GreenSox