Official Buyers Thread

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Cespedes from Detroit in a three way deal maybe like the Peavy one. I've thrown out Chris Davis as another name maybe even Nelson Cruz if Seattle eats his contract.

Unfortunately the Tigers won't trade Cespedes to us and the Orioles are in the same situation leading us for the WC. Rajai Davis or Avila at least would have been worth considering, especially with McCann obviously the heir-apparent at catcher for next year.

Rusney Castillo was essentially just given two months to win the 2016 RF job with the trading of Victorino.

Who's left? Holt, Nava, Allen Craig?

If we can't come up with something better than Craig, ouch.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah you'd really have to be going for it to go after him. He'd take a package a step above Bruce's and two steps above Cargo's.

All you have to do is undo the Sergio Santos deal for Molina...that would probably be easier.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:52 PM)
Bowden says the Tigers are now listening to offers on Cespedes and the Twins are a possible destination. If they're willing to trade in division that could be something to look at, maybe.

Supposedly the Twins are looking to deal Arcia for relief help...not sure if the Tigers would still perceive Oswaldo as a potential starter or not.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Unfortunately the Tigers won't trade Cespedes to us and the Orioles are in the same situation leading us for the WC. Rajai Davis or Avila at least would have been worth considering, especially with McCann obviously the heir-apparent at catcher for next year.

Rusney Castillo was essentially just given two months to win the 2016 RF job with the trading of Victorino.

I agree. Just throwing names out there. We did get Avi from them in that three way deal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)

Why is it so important to find an AL name? If it's concerns about a guy struggling with a league switch, I don't think it's that big a deal.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Josh Reddick comes to mind. In general there aren't as many because of how many AL teams are still in the race.

Now that's a name I like hearing. I was hoping the Sox would land him before he was traded from Boston. The Sox usually get proper f***ed when trading with Oakland but I would give it one last try if the trade is for Reddick.

Any guesses to what the Sox would have to give up for Reddick? I would imagine the Sox could try and use Avi and Micah as part of the package.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
Bowden says the Tigers are now listening to offers on Cespedes and the Twins are a possible destination. If they're willing to trade in division that could be something to look at, maybe.

If fans have been upset at the Sox for mixed messages, I can only imagine how they would have handled being Tigers fans the last week or so.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
If fans have been upset at the Sox for mixed messages, I can only imagine how they would have handled being Tigers fans the last week or so.

Meh, they've been sucking. We're on a roll. Different circumstances. We're moving up in the standings and they've been on a sharp decline.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)
Don't know his defensive stats but good one to throw out there rental wise.

Down this year, but traditionally an elite defender. I will take the trade off though for a guy with a .883 OPS on the season though.

Why is it so important to find an AL name? If it's concerns about a guy struggling with a league switch, I don't think it's that big a deal.

It's not? Have you seen the last five combined years of Dunn and LaRoche?

Edited by Brian26

QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 07:12 PM)
It's not? Have you seen the last five combined years of Dunn and LaRoche?

Do their struggles have to do with switching leagues or not adjusting to DHing? I'm not sure why a batter would suddenly become unproductive simply by moving to the AL.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 01:33 AM)
Do their struggles have to do with switching leagues or not adjusting to DHing? I'm not sure why a batter would suddenly become unproductive simply by moving to the AL.

how old was paulie k when he retired??

Man after watching this offense the past week I really really want another bat. Would love to get Puig from LA if we could work out a way in to a Price deal with them and Detroit to get him. Probably no chance but Please give us Puig, or another bat Rick or I guess KW these days.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

I want pierzynski

The Sox are not going to add a catcher. Soto is Samardzija's personal caddy. Flowers is Sale's caddy. They aren't going to carry a 3rd, piss off the pitchers or have to retrain a guy to follow Coop's direction with two months left.

First of aj is familiar with sale, quintana, and danks. Second flowers defense is pretty horrible anyways. Third slight offense increase. Flowers is hitting .221 with around a .260 opb vs aj that's hitting .284 and a .320 plus opb. There's a good difference there

Is it odd that there is nothing out there about what our plans may be? Is it a sign that we don't know what to do becUse the fact that there really is a lot of supposed friction in the FO? Or is it how Hahn does it when negotiating? Or do you all think they stand pat and let these guys play out the season? Even the normal inside guys on here are quiet. Just odd to me I guess with two days left.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
Is it odd that there is nothing out there about what our plans may be? Is it a sign that we don't know what to do becUse the fact that there really is a lot of supposed friction in the FO? Or is it how Hahn does it when negotiating? Or do you all think they stand pat and let these guys play out the season? Even the normal inside guys on here are quiet. Just odd to me I guess with two days left.

Dead silent while the assassin is hard at work