7/30 White Sox @ Red Sox 6:10 CT

GGajewski18

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 10:00 PM)
As long as it's not one of Anderson, Johnson, Montas or Adams, I won't be disappointed. It's more that I'm excited at the chance of getting a core player back for next year possibly.

I'm actually kinda curious about what they could do for Micah. If Sanchez has 2b they legitimately don't have room for him, at least for the first 1/2 of next year, Micah can't play SS, and it's tough to see Sanchez being as good at SS as Saladino or for Sanchez to have a strong enough bat to handle 3b.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 02:58 AM)
We are what we are a below average team

Team has to build on this streak. Can't expect to sweep two four game series in a row. That's crazy stuff on the road. Just have to use this as a springboard.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:01 AM)
.500 is so f***ing elusive. That's what is disappointing

Very disappointing. But like I said you can't sweep two straight four game series. I wonder the last time the Sox have done that. I bet 30-40-50 years.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
I wonder if that liner hurt sale more than he let on.

Yeah. He was giving up hits to left handers... That's not like him.

I should clarify, I think the team should just stand pat not necessarily sell.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
PFF Larrold ‏@Larry_Boa 1m1 minute ago

If you were a buyer this morning and a seller tonight because of a fluky bad outing by Chris Sale, I don't even know what to say.

If he's hurt they should absolutely sell everyone.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)

The game isn't even over and we've been tearing the cover off the ball. Even if we do lose we had a great road trip that turned the season around in a way. A lot of positives, plus we may add a bat. We all freak out over every dip in the coaster, there's 69 games left. Well do our share of losing no matter what so take the good with the bad and vice versa. We just have to stay consistent.

I guess as a manager you don't want to burn out your bullpen... and Chris Sale is your ace.

But you could just see he never really had control tonight. I don't get leaving him in.

I don't think it had anything to do with the line drive.

Edited by harkness

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)

Not that elusive. They were there twice this year. Tho last time they were on this type of winning streak to finally get over .500 the lost like 6 in a row.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:03 AM)
I'm guessing sale with DL stint. Forearm soreness

Another reason you just can't pay big bucks for pitchers nowadays. 20 to 25 million a year for any pitcher? Cmon. The pitcher can go down at any time. Good luck to whomever wants to pay Shark 20 mill a year next year and the 3 after that. Not his fault, but he's bound to go down at some point in his next contract.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
The game isn't even over and we've been tearing the cover off the ball. Even if we do lose we had a great road trip that turned the season around in a way. A lot of positives, plus we may add a bat. We all freak out over every dip in the coaster, there's 69 games left. Well do our share of losing no matter what so take the good with the bad and vice versa. We just have to stay consistent.

62 games left