Misc. Sox Quotes & Tweets

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
Makes sense. GM meetings are Tuesday-Thursday (even though nothing really happens during those meetings and it's more to lay the groundwork on potential deals and gauge interest). Hopefully whitesoxdave gets a few nuggets for us.

Ahhhhhh. It hath begun.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Username @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Pure speculation, but some hope they do the rational thing: @JimBowden_ESPN on #WhiteSox off season "teams are going to line up for Sale and Quintana. I think they're going to sell all"

Hmm. It'd be interesting to see what next year's team looks like if they gut everything and trade every guy with value. I'd assume the entire roster would be different with the exception of Anderson and Rodon.

QUOTE (Username @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:23 PM)
Pure speculation, but some hope they do the rational thing: @JimBowden_ESPN on #WhiteSox off season "teams are going to line up for Sale and Quintana. I think they're going to sell all"

I didn't see him tweet that, did he say that on ESPN?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:26 PM)
Hmm. It'd be interesting to see what next year's team looks like if they gut everything and trade every guy with value. I'd assume the entire roster would be different with the exception of Anderson and Rodon.

You mean if they dealt: Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Eaton, Melky, Lawrie, Frazier, Gonzalez, 2 or 3 of: Robertson, Jones, Petrick, Putnam, Jennings? They would definitely need to re-sign a lot of stop gaps. Whatever is left would probably lead us to the #1 overall draft pick in the 2018 draft haha

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)
You mean if they dealt: Sale, Quintana, Abreu, Eaton, Melky, Lawrie, Frazier, Gonzalez, 2 or 3 of: Robertson, Jones, Petrick, Putnam, Jennings? They would definitely need to re-sign a lot of stop gaps. Whatever is left would probably lead us to the #1 overall draft pick in the 2018 draft haha

Lets do it!

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:38 PM)

I'm open to trading pretty much anyone. Only "core" guys I would be hesitant on moving are Rodon, Anderson, Saladino, & Jones. If we go full rebuild, I think you keep Jones and let him be the closer for four months and then deal him at the deadline.

I definitely don't expect a full rebuild though.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)
I'm open to trading pretty much anyone. Only "core" guys I would be hesitant on moving are Rodon, Anderson, Saladino, & Jones. If we go full rebuild, I think you keep Jones and let him be the closer for four months and then deal him at the deadline.

Cmon, if we went all in on a rebuild you're not going to shed a tear trading Tyler or Nate. Like you said, no chance it's ever going to happen anyways.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Lets do it!

I'm hoping for this as well. Really hope they get some stupid massive offers and take advantage of the weak FA market to drive prices up on trade assets.

Think we try going for it again with a little more balls posing as an approach that isn't "middle of the road mired in mediocrity."

Can it be December 2nd, please?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 12:53 PM)

But not Eaton?

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
But not Eaton?

Eaton is under contract for SO LONG it only makes sense to move him if a team blows you away. There's no reason why Adam Eaton can't be a contributor on the next competitive White Sox team even after a rebuild. Eaton is where Sale was 2 years ago - if you don't screw up the next 2 years, you still have Adam Eaton under team control after a couple years of repair.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
But not Eaton?

All depends on what's offered for him. By no means am I giving him away, but I am open to moving him if I receive fair value. The reason I don't want to move the other guys I mentioned is because I think they'll all be worth more 4 to 6 months from now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
Eaton is under contract for SO LONG it only makes sense to move him if a team blows you away. There's no reason why Adam Eaton can't be a contributor on the next competitive White Sox team even after a rebuild. Eaton is where Sale was 2 years ago - if you don't screw up the next 2 years, you still have Adam Eaton under team control after a couple years of repair.

He definitely can be, but he's also one of our three elite trade pieces. We have to hear out offers on him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 4, 2016 -> 01:37 PM)
He definitely can be, but he's also one of our three elite trade pieces. We have to hear out offers on him.

I'd hear stuff out but you're going to have to pay me Sale prices (with a cap S deliberately) to get Eaton away.