White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
Isn't Lawrie the likely 3B?

Yes but I think the fact he plays both positions well defensively and really becomes a plus bat playing second. I think the move gives us the flexibility to continue talks with the Reds of we want and have the flexibility to move him to second.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
Yes but I think the fact he plays both positions well defensively and really becomes a plus bat playing second. I think the move gives us the flexibility to continue talks with the Reds of we want and have the flexibility to move him to second.

He doesn't have a plus bat at 2nd. Better than Sanchez for now. But Sanchez looks like he may be good.

Prefer hitting the FA market for another bat rather than send Anderson for Frazier.

I really like this trade. Lawrie is cheap, controllable, he still has some upside and he can play 2nd or 3rd. Even duplicating his numbers from the past few years translates into a huge upgrade, at either position. Plus as mentioned he plays with some fire--something the team has definitely been lacking. Usually the A's seem to get the better of trades with the Sox but this time...I really like the move.