Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Alright, so... can someone explain WTF is going on here? I've caught bits and pieces for the last few days, but why are all the Sox players butthurt all the sudden?

*confused*

Supposedly Drake LaRoche was a big piece of the puzzle this season.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
Which makes it seem like it's a possibility that KW didn't get JR's approval before he made the move. IF so, that's not a good look for KW.

I doubt that Kenny needs Reinsdorf's approval to make those types of decisions.

With all of this in mind, we move toward the current situation which arose after White Sox VP Ken Williams recently advised me to significantly scale back the time that my son spent in the clubhouse. Later, I was told not to bring him to the ballpark at all.

Someone's lying here.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
The only real item of substance from the statement from LaRoche is that he was asked to not bring Drake around at all. Someone is lying, and in a major way based on how this story has unfolded.

Which may lead to the end of KW if this indeed the truth.

So KW may be gone and they save $13M.....this story just keeps getting better.

There is a lot of smoke around KW at this point.

Or LaRoche's interpretation of KW's meeting with him is that he felt like Drake wasn't welcome (any longer) or that there had been complaints...which isn't quite the same as directly telling someone you can't bring your kid into the clubhouse at all, ever, again. Maybe it felt that way, after the unfettered access and "non issue" of last season in Adam's mind.

There's got to be some middle ground. It's easy for LaRoche to typify KW's comments like that afterwards, to cast them in the most negative light...but probably the only mistake KW made was not having a 3rd party in that room, bringing a he said/she said element into it.

LaRoche isn't going to admit fault or assume responsibility. So now he can't spend any time in the clubhouse, KW lied directly to him and the team...the clause about Drake was explicitly in his contract, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

Probably best to just fire KW at this point. He's the president and is showing no ability to handle the team. This will die down eventually, and go back to normal. But if he's this bad at dealing with this stuff...

Do you guys have any confidence in KW dealing with a domestic violence incident or something like that?

I agree the Sox were fully within their rights to make this request. I have no problem with that and its something frankly they should have done. However Kenny stepping in was the absolute wrong thing to do in my opinion.

This is Hahn or Ventura's territory.

Some feel willing to completely gloss over things and that's fine. I think there is a lot more going on behind the scenes here, I also get the feeling and there seems to be a lot of circumstantial evidence to support it that something has been festering the past few years and it is now reaching a head. And it goes beyond just losing, which isn't helping matters.

The White Sox in my judgment have a dysfunctional front office (much like the Bulls the past few years) because individuals are letting egos get in the way of boundaries and good judgment and making matters worse is that ownership apparently likes it that way or they would have put a stop to it years ago either by making changes or demanding limits regarding responsibilities.

We'll see what happens after JR meets with the players.

You never know what this may lead to, hopefully a united team that takes it out on the field and against management like the A's under Charlie Finley in the 70's. Or like the Sox after the brawl with the Tigers in 2000.

LaRoche's statement makes it clear to me that someone is lying. Time will tell who but based on the past and reputation I tend to think it wasn't the baseball player.

Mark