Robin Ventura should definitely, certainly be fired today

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
Today has to be the day boys! Let's get this party started. Absolutely no way they keep him now.

:hawk: :hawk: :hawk:

nope. should have been a long time ago

Anyway, Id feel a lot better knowing Hahn, KW, Bell, scouts, and minor league instructors were being fired.

RV is a terrible manager but noting will truly change until everyone else is gone

Edited by Butter Parque

The front office shouldn't be let off the hook, and Renteria isn't going to be a move to turn this season around. This season is toast because they blew a lucky 23-10 start, and aren't good enough to get that back because of the teams in the division they have no ability beating.

Firing Robin now is more about not renewing a lame duck manager. His time is done here.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 02:49 PM)
Bring back Ozzie. This team needs to a spark to start a fire.

This is such a stupid idea. I can not believe there are actually White Sox fans that want to bring back Ozzie. That bridge is burned. Good lord, why would we set this franchise back even further?

It's a good day to do it. Cavs are getting the national media's attention no matter what. The local media probably isn't heavy in Boston today. It would give the team a few days away before getting the brunt of the local media on Friday, when he'd be gone already.

Or we just have to wait 15 weeks.

They should make the change now though. Like today.

I heard a stat that Francona has had a +.500 record in 11 straight seasons - but hey, don't worry - you don't need experience. Ask Robin.

As much as I love AJ - and I think he could be a good manager. Blunt, honest, firery, smart, been a long, long time catcher - I just don't want the Sox to hire him.

Give me someone with experience please. Or a fresh mind set.

I'm completely done with this team - like done done. Awful

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
I heard a stat that Francona has had a +.500 record in 11 straight seasons - but hey, don't worry - you don't need experience. Ask Robin.

As much as I love AJ - and I think he could be a good manager. Blunt, honest, firery, smart, been a long, long time catcher - I just don't want the Sox to hire him.

Francona didn't start winning until his 5th year as a manager when he joined the Red Sox. The Red Sox teams he managed had a top 5 payroll every year he was there. Robin is just now in his 5th year managing and has had no higher than the 12th highest payroll. Over Francona's first 4 years he went 285-363 (.439), Robin has gone 297-351 (.458) through his first 4 years and nearly won the division in his first year. If the Sox had Francona during his Phillies days you guys would have the exact same complaints.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:10 AM)

Having a former player is not a fresh mindset.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:37 AM)
Francona didn't start winning until his 5th year as a manager when he joined the Red Sox. The Red Sox teams he managed had a top 5 payroll every year he was there. Robin is just now in his 5th year managing and has had no higher than the 12th highest payroll. Over Francona's first 4 years he went 285-363 (.439), Robin has gone 297-351 (.458) through his first 4 years and nearly won the division in his first year. If the Sox had Francona during his Phillies days you guys would have the exact same complaints.

Exactly:

68-94

75-87

77-85

65-97

A clown who no one will ever want managing again. The next season he managed, he won the WS. Better players does tend to help.