Sox are going to blow this, aren't they?

Dunt

Ya, I'm absolutely going to be pissed off if they don't trade off Q or Sale and some of the other valuable assets. It's right in theory to say that we have them for a while so we don't have to trade them right now but this organization DOES have to trade them right now. There's too much history of them standing pat and then trying to reload in the offseason just to fail again and I bet that's what happens if they're both here going into the offseason. Add that to the fact that this is the perfect market to trade one(or both if I had my way) of them and their value will start to diminish with the less time we have control of them and the time for a trade is now.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:09 PM)
Ya, I'm absolutely going to be pissed off if they don't trade off Q or Sale and some of the other valuable assets. It's right in theory to say that we have them for a while so we don't have to trade them right now but this organization DOES have to trade them right now. There's too much history of them standing pat and then trying to reload in the offseason just to fail again and I bet that's what happens if they're both here going into the offseason. Add that to the fact that this is the perfect market to trade one(or both if I had my way) of them and their value will start to diminish with the less time we have control of them and the time for a trade is now.

+1

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:12 PM)
A post from 20 hours from now...

Well, sometimes trades come in right under the wire and they don't get announced until now...

Waiting...

Waiting...

Nothing.

:(

One reason for stagnation over the past 10 years has been terrible scouting and talent evaluation. That resulted in bad trades and some wasted first round Draft picks like Beckham, Fulmer, Courtney Hawkins, Jared Mitchell.

If better decisions had been made I have no doubt that Reinsdorf would have given management what they needed to get free agents to become competitive.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:16 PM)
One reason for stagnation over the past 10 years has been terrible scouting and talent evaluation. That resulted in bad trades and some wasted first round Draft picks like Beckham, Fulmer, Courtney Hawkins, Jared Mitchell.

If better decisions had been made I have no doubt that Reinsdorf would have given management what they needed to get free agents to become competitive.

Fulmer is a wasted 1st round pick now? Lol, so many quality posts on here today.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)

Jesus Christ everyone here is a tough crowd.

Fulmer isn't a bad pick.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)

Beckham was drafted in a weak class. Of the 2008 first round picks, he ranks 10th in WAR. Drafted at #8, he can't be viewed as a bad pick, especially based on what was drafted after him

Fulmer has been in the system for a year now. He has some command issues but the potential is there. Jury is still out, so we'll see.

Hawkins pretty much looks like a bust at this point. Seeing Wacha and Seager drafted after him hurts

Mitchell is the biggest disappointment. Mike Trout going 2 picks later stings so bad.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 10:30 PM)
Jesus Christ everyone here is a tough crowd.

Fulmer isn't a bad pick.

If he wasn't as rushed as he was, there would be a different tune here. He was a fantastic pick. Same with Rodon. Thank god Anderson is pulling his weight. He'd feel the same wrath too (and he was also rushed, screw Buddy Bell).

Not trading Sale or Quintana means that that the White Sox are either going to keep them (and build around them) or re-visit the idea in the off-season. It may make more sense to consider a trade in the off-season when more teams are involved, it just depends on if anyone would be willing to be blow them away now with an offer.

Should they decide to keep and build around these two, the question is how? They still don't have much to work with in the minors, and spending on top tier free agents isn't something this organization is known to do. I would expect that they'd keep both trades/free agency open to add to the current roster, but this is a lineup that is 2 middle of the order hitters short and may be short a starting pitcher and bullpen help after this season.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:46 AM)
I'll be disappointed but won't think they blew it at the deadline. Now after this offseason maybe. But last thing I want them to do is give these guys away

Exactly. Sox are in the catbird seat (Thanks, Hawk). They can sit back, relax and strap it down and wait for every other GM to come calling. If they don't get what they want..."We'll just hold on to them until the offseason." If we all think this year is a lost cause...what difference does it make if current players are here or not? Whatever we get back may not even be up this year. So you can watch bad baseball or REALLY bad baseball.

The last time I checked JR still owned the team and KW was still employed. The Sox will sit paralyzed on the fence as another trade deadline passes by. The FO will keep Sale and Q in the offseason and try to re-tool. We will be having this same exact conversation this time next year.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
The last time I checked JR still owned the team and KW was still employed. The Sox will sit paralyzed on the fence as another trade deadline passes by. The FO will keep Sale and Q in the offseason and try to re-tool. We will be having this same exact conversation this time next year.

Lol, how many times you gonna say the same thing over again?