The Anthem

greg775

Do you support what Colin did?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Kaepernick's decision to sit?

• Yes. Great way to express himself
    • No. What was he thinking?

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
Not sure what you're getting at. He gave his specific reasons for doing what he did, when did he mention this as one of them?

i'm responding to what I thought you were saying, which is that white people wouldn't listen to the message anyway. The flipside to that seems to be that his message was important for minorities and would be listened to by minorities.

End of the day, whether he protested by kneeling or whether he just stated to the media his thoughts, neither adds anything to the conversation. He's not a big enough athlete to provide more awareness. And it's a problem that people are already aware of.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just bag the National Anthem before sporting events.

I think Blackhawks fans would be the only ones who missed it.

When people watch a game on television and they televise the anthem (something they used to do all the time, now, unless it's a Blackhawks game, or celebrity at a playoff or all star game, never) do the people who are offended by this, get up off their couch during it?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
It's a horrible way to protest. Some talk show last night discussed this and a couple military guys called in and are furious. They've had buddies die in war. Why would you imagine it doesn't offend military people when so much of their daily routine involves the flag? There's so much respect toward the anthem and flag. My opinion is Colin is a punk for doing this. That's my personal take and as far as sports it's about the most selfish thing he could do to a team, thrust all the attention on himself. Disgraceful.

Honestly, like you care. Ezio mic dropped all over this thread. This is just so your talk radio stations can get all riled up instead of doing anything real to help veterans like condemn our atrocious VA system.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2016 -> 12:39 PM)
It's a horrible way to protest. Some talk show last night discussed this and a couple military guys called in and are furious. They've had buddies die in war. Why would you imagine it doesn't offend military people when so much of their daily routine involves the flag? There's so much respect toward the anthem and flag. My opinion is Colin is a punk for doing this. That's my personal take and as far as sports it's about the most selfish thing he could do to a team, thrust all the attention on himself. Disgraceful.

Attack Mexican-Americans and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack Muslims and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary

Attack Blacks and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack people with disabilities and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack white people and attract attention to yourself -- "it's about the most selfish thing he could do to a team, thrust all the attention on himself. Disgraceful."

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
Attack Mexican-Americans and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack Muslims and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary

Attack Blacks and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack people with disabilities and attract attention to yourself -- gain votes in primary.

Attack white people and attract attention to yourself -- "it's about the most selfish thing he could do to a team, thrust all the attention on himself. Disgraceful."

:lolhitting

Well, I don't know what to say. I haven't used this much in my arguments, but Colin's behavior is hard to take seriously when he had those socks calling police pigs. Almost all NFL coaches have that "one for all" attitude and I don't see how Colin saying "look at me" can help any team cause. I hate the cliches but I imagine his coach is pissed beyond belief with one guy going off on his own like that.

Do it in the offseason if you have to do it at all. Besides, he did offend the military. A lot of military have died protecting freedom. Those military members treat the anthem with utmost respect.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
Well, I don't know what to say. I haven't used this much in my arguments, but Colin's behavior is hard to take seriously when he had those socks calling police pigs. Almost all NFL coaches have that "one for all" attitude and I don't see how Colin saying "look at me" can help any team cause. I hate the cliches but I imagine his coach is pissed beyond belief with one guy going off on his own like that.

Do it in the offseason if you have to do it at all. Besides, he did offend the military. A lot of military have died protecting freedom. Those military members treat the anthem with utmost respect.

You don't really care about the military.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 06:20 PM)
You don't really care about the military.

Dad: Military; Favorite uncle: Military. Cousin: Military. All three: Would slap me or disown me if I did what Colin did.

Cops: Think of all the cops who were heroes on 9-11. Yes there are bad apples. But almost all professions have bad apples. I am Catholic and love my Franciscan priests, but how bout all those priests who did unspeakable terrible things? How bout Boy Scout leaders and teachers who do bad things? How bout cemetary workers who do bad things? How bout doctors and folks in charge of old folks homes who have done bad things?

The world is full of bad people in every profession but also good people. Colin could have gotten criticized a lot more for what he did. Remember poor Gabby Douglas? For some reason people blasted her more for being one of five gymnasts to not put her hand over her heart than Colin who slapped the military in the face on purpose.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 6, 2016 -> 03:11 PM)
so if we are going to talk about who is disrespecting me because I'm a veteran, I feel much more disrespected by you, if you fail to understand this and instead use me (to you, a faceless entity and not one of a diverse group of people) as a buffer for your own views. Stop patronizing me and pretending to be offended on my behalf.

Besides, I didn't join the military so everybody can think, believe, and behave exactly how I want them to. That's fascism, and I'm not a fascist. Maybe you are, if you thought that's what it was about.

With due respect, I have heard some veterans on the radio offended by Colin's sitting or kneeling during the anthem. I respect your stance, but some military men and women take the anthem very seriously do they not? And I respect you for being a military person. I'm not trying to patronize you but I know some military people like my uncle or dad who woulda wanted to slap me if I disrespected the anthem.

delete this post, move it to the filibuster, suspend me or do what you want. I want to extend a giant f*** you to anyone who thinks their social agenda is bigger than standing during the anthem on 9/11. Specifically calling out the following pieces of s***: Arian foster, Jelani Jenkins, Kenny Stills, and Michael Thomas. Will never, ever root for you or the Dolphins organization in my life

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 01:38 AM)
delete this post, move it to the filibuster, suspend me or do what you want. I want to extend a giant f*** you to anyone who thinks their social agenda is bigger than standing during the anthem on 9/11. Specifically calling out the following pieces of s***: Arian foster, Jelani Jenkins, Kenny Stills, and Michael Thomas. Will never, ever root for you or the Dolphins organization in my life

This is the filibuster DAAA84. My guess is you can say whatever you want in here. Bless you for your stance. You are my new idol along with El Rockin.

Blacks have to stop protesting so violently. You are ruining your neighborhoods. Find a non violent means to protest.

Black man doesn't stand for the anthem

Not that way!

White guy tells us America sucks and we have to make it great again -- wins his party's nomination for President.

Black guys tells us America sucks and is flooded with pictures of dead soldiers and told to show respect.

These men and women died for your rights! -- Don't use those rights!

NO race problem in America.

And when did the Anthem only represent veterans? I guess it doesn't represent all of our society? Seems like it only represents veterans and their sacrifice.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Heard on the radio last week that Kaep jerseys were the number 1 seller in all of the NFL. Hope its a bunch of dummies dropping $100 to make youtubes of themselves burning them.

He's donating all the money he makes off that to various charities.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 06:48 AM)
Blacks have to stop protesting so violently. You are ruining your neighborhoods. Find a non violent means to protest.

Black man doesn't stand for the anthem

Not that way!

White guy tells us America sucks and we have to make it great again -- wins his party's nomination for President.

Black guys tells us America sucks and is flooded with pictures of dead soldiers and told to show respect.

These men and women died for your rights! -- Don't use those rights!

NO race problem in America.

And when did the Anthem only represent veterans? I guess it doesn't represent all of our society? Seems like it only represents veterans and their sacrifice.

Preach Tex. Don't post here much, but your probably my favorite poster in the fillibuster section. And lost don't bother bro. Some people just have an agenda.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 09:38 PM)

I so would've been banned for this :D :P

Thank god for Malcolm X and the Black Panthers or MLK would have been Kaepernicked as well.

And at least he's not advocating for a violent overthrow of the government, burning the flag or trying to steal Kate Upton away from Verlander.

Maybe he should have simply refused to pay his taxes, claiming the Federal government doesn't have the right...that would have made him a hero to many.

Chelsea Clinton would be massacred because her hedge fund running husband lost a lot of his investors' money...that would be used over and over again.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/0...tors_money.html

If you're going to do that, at least be successful like Romney or Buffett.

Edited by caulfield12