2017 Draft prediction thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 09:20 AM)
I'm pulling for a shocker in Beck. Would love that but am afraid he doesn't fall to us. Don't think it will be Kendall and feel someone unexpected will be swooped by us.

I agree. I think it will be someone that we have not publicly been linked to.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
As a NC State alum, I am hoping for Joe Dunand in the 5-10th rounds. He's played decent SS, has pretty solid power, and think he could slide to 3B. He's actually the nephew of A-Rod which many of you will hate.

Actually would make me want him.

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
Beck 1st

Rooker 2nd

No way Rooker lasts until our second round pick. I actually suspect he could go late first round. He put up monster numbers in the SEC this season.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
Whats the story with this cat? The "still" makes it seem like there is a backstory.

Well we previously drafted him, so that always shows interest and often seems to reconnect.

He lost about a year in Missouri to an injury (not TJ), and struggled enormously to control anything. This year he was better, but I've seen nothing that projects him as more than a reliever.

He would be a great relief prospect, but good arm, no control relief prospects don't seem like round 2/3 guys, especially with TJ already.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
Well we previously drafted him, so that always shows interest and often seems to reconnect.

He lost about a year in Missouri to an injury (not TJ), and struggled enormously to control anything. This year he was better, but I've seen nothing that projects him as more than a reliever.

He would be a great relief prospect, but good arm, no control relief prospects don't seem like round 2/3 guys, especially with TJ already.

I don't get the Montes do Oca hype at all, especially not in the second or third round with better talent on the board. Well below average control and a reliever profile just does not excite me all that much.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 12, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)

Thanks. Name definitely sounded familiar.