southsider2k5

ITS ALIVE!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 12:04 PM)
I SURVIVED THE GREAT SOXTALK BLACKOUT OF '17!

Hahaha same!!! I realized though that this is the best place to get Sox info...its all in one spot. You actually have to search multiple sites for different information when this site isn't avilable, but here it's all on just a couple pages. Really makes you see how convenient this site is.

The worst of all this was Delmonico hitting a HR at Fenway and having nowhere to go for reaction. Was awful.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 12:58 PM)
The worst of all this was Delmonico hitting a HR at Fenway and having nowhere to go for reaction. Was awful.

Not to mention the clown shoes play in LF that preceded it.

It was bad. I'm not going to lie. No place to go.

Welcome back.

at first I thought the problem was with my internet.

unplugged and checked all the settings.

Then I realized Sox Talk was gone -- and I worried it would never return

Now I can exhale.

Holy crap my access just now came back. The last few days sucked! I need warning before this crap happens again, I didn't know what had happened. I spent so much deadline time on line, I may need help. Cold turkey withdrawal left me shaken.

the struggle was real, checking the facebook page on the regular for site updates..

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 11:58 AM)

Honestly that was my biggest slap in the face of this all too. Other than that I think I could have made it okay.

OMG! I WAS WORRIED IT WOULD NEVER RETURN!

In all honesty, if there was ever a time for it to die during a season, it didn't chose an awful time.

Yeah I was definitely worried. Being an out of state fan this is the best place to talk sox and get news. Plus I think I'm still perma banned from crappy WSI lol

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 01:29 PM)
Godaddy was trying to sell me the domain name soxtalk.com

I refused.

It's funny how those ads do that, since the actual domain was not for sale (and was not expired, etc). The domain that the server/host site sits on had some issues, which caused DNS issues that took a lot longer than we anticipated to be resolved. At some point in the near future, we will likely be upgrading servers/softare, which will cause a "planned" near-term outage (most likely during the long-offseason). During that time, the goal would be to have a temporary site-up while the main site undergoes maintenance.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 4, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
I thought the Russians were behind this.

This was obviously a Russian revenge campaign for the sanctions where they attacked what real American's loved most in Soxtalk.