White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

QUOTE (Soxnfins @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:25 PM)
Could also be White Sox feeding Nightengale false info in order to get the smoke off their trail. Who knows. This is fun!

It feels like nightengale has been given garbage info for a ton recently and it hasn't seemed like he's been given preference for breaking things from us in a long time (I feel like it's been either Rosenthal or the white sox themselves)

Well thank god for that.

@DanClarkSports

RHP Michael Kopech - the White Sox's top pitching prospect - is NOT included in Machado trade talks. Untouchable. #Orioles #HotStoveRHP Michael Kopech - the White Sox's top pitching prospect - is NOT included in Machado trade talks. Untouchable. #Orioles #HotStove

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/941404621314056192

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:30 PM)
Well thank god for that.

@DanClarkSports

RHP Michael Kopech - the White Sox's top pitching prospect - is NOT included in Machado trade talks. Untouchable. #Orioles #HotStoveRHP Michael Kopech - the White Sox's top pitching prospect - is NOT included in Machado trade talks. Untouchable. #Orioles #HotStove

I suppose that's the thing about the word "discussed" instead of "included".

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:50 PM)
Who the f*** is Dan Clark and what the f*** does he know? But seriously, this Machado is both exciting & terrifying. I just wish a White Sox mouthpiece like Merkin would pop in with a “Kopech & Giolito not included in any offer”. f***...f***...f***...

QUOTE (Sockin @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:30 PM)
Well thank god for that.

@DanClarkSports

God I love Dan Clark!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:17 PM)
Nightengale just brought up the rumor that the Sox might flip Machado to the Yankees. Definitely seems like a competitor purposely leaked that in hopes of giving the Orioles cold feet on dealing with us. He also specifically mentioned “the Sox claim their offer isn’t as strong as they’re making it out to be”.

That would never happen as teams would not trade big names to us anymore. That's more of a move at the deadline if everything just blows up on us.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:41 PM)
That would never happen as teams would not trade big names to us anymore. That's more of a move at the deadline if everything just blows up on us.

Oh I know, I said as much in this very thread, but the whole flipping to the Yankees rumor was definitely a right now type thing and not a deadline move. That’s why the Sox have come out multiple times and said they have every intention of keeping him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
Unless he comes with a guaranteed 5-7 year extension would you even trade Kopech for Machado straight up? I wouldn't.

Oh hellll no, which is why I woke up thinking I was going to puke.

If I was the Os and was offered Kopech for a year of Machado I would have just said "deal".

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:34 PM)
Unless he comes with a guaranteed 5-7 year extension would you even trade Kopech for Machado straight up? I wouldn't.

This will probably sounds nuts to people but I'm not including Kopech in a deal for Machado even if he signed an extension. All the sudden you're losing a lot of your payroll flexibility and you're losing your potential ace. We have some pitching depth in this organization but we don't have Kopech depth. You weaken your future rotation a great deal and you lose a lot of this payroll flexibility you've gained. I'm really not a fan of doing that even for a guy like Manny.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 08:49 PM)
This will probably sounds nuts to people but I'm not including Kopech in a deal for Machado even if he signed an extension. All the sudden you're losing a lot of your payroll flexibility and you're losing your potential ace. We have some pitching depth in this organization but we don't have Kopech depth. You weaken your future rotation a great deal and you lose a lot of this payroll flexibility you've gained. I'm really not a fan of doing that even for a guy like Manny.

Well said, it's not like you would be getting a guy with an amazing contract like Sale/Q/Archer

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)

Agreed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
I suppose that's the thing about the word "discussed" instead of "included".

I'd be pretty surprised if Giolito were included as well. He's mlb ready and seemed to be finding his groove down the stretch last season. I don't see him as a potential #1, but he could develop into a solid #2-3 starter in time.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 09:52 PM)
I'd be pretty surprised if Giolito were included as well. He's mlb ready and seemed to be finding his groove down the stretch last season. I don't see him as a potential #1, but he could develop into a solid #2-3 starter in time.

He seems like a disaster waiting to happen pitching for Baltimore

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:49 PM)

No I completely agree. Because 2018 means essentially nothing to us, the deal really isn't that different than stanton IMO because what we are really acquiring is the "right" of the player at market price, and since there is no long-term cost control, giving up a huge prospect haul for that right is super counterproductive considering we are not at a win now moment yet.

Which isn't to say that the Os shouldn't expect more for him, they should, but specifically for the white sox it becomes a bad fit.