ChiSox @ Tribe, Memorial Day Game Thread

soxfan49

Palka with a three run error in RF. Ugly defense today. We should’ve been out of this inning with a 5-2 lead. As ESPN says the Sox are just finding ways to lose. And the rule the play a double so must be home team scoring 

Edited by elrockinMT

Just saw the replace of Skole's homer. I love the ritual of ignoring the guy at first then mobbing him in dugout. No matter what happens in his career he'll always remember homering in his debut.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Palka may be the worst defensive OF I have ever seen on a MLB field.

Not only that, but looked like he was playing him on the warning track. If he's going to keep playing, needs to be as DH

14 minutes ago, Richie said:

This is basic 2+2 catching. Every single solitary catcher will tell you that has to be blocked. Sutcliffe simply explained the reasoning as to why Gonzalez may have made the miscue. He didn't say it wasn't a miscue.

Inexcusable and this isn't really a conversation. 

It is a conversation when you aren't the one catching that pitch in those situations. It's really easy to judge others mistakes when you're in your easy chair. There are many many catchers who may have blocked those balls and many other who don't. Your opinion just as mine is just an opinion neitther roght nor wrongand thinking you are correct and its not worth discussing is just arrogance.

Gonzalez should be sent down mid-inning. He is a putrid, putrid excuse for a major league baseball player. Skole, I'll forgive one time. Anderson's throws have to be better. Palka is lucky he's been one of our better hitters.

Oh my god... now Moncada as I type

You just knew this was going to happen after the Indians coming back from 5 down against one of the best teams in baseball...they’re really tough at beat at home.

I know we need more offensive-minded players at Guaranteed Rate Field, but could Hahn actually find a couple of defenders that can put up a 600+ OPS?

Now the errors are basically like a virus that’s spread across the entire team.