Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think the winter meetings are meant to entertain people.

The channel based on MLB baseball sure makes a spectacle of it. It’s been entertaining in years past. I think it’s normal to be disappointed with the action as a big baseball fan.

Bowden is 100 percent right. We are the leaders right now ahead of the Phillies and Dodgers because we can offer a boatload of money and have a big city. Once the Dodgers get in position to offer a boatload of money, they will become the leaders. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Bowden is 100 percent right. We are the leaders right now ahead of the Phillies and Dodgers because we can offer a boatload of money and have a big city. Once the Dodgers get in position to offer a boatload of money, they will become the leaders. 

From what I've read on twitter, Boras has used Bowden as a mouthpiece before to get teams to raise their offer.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

From what I've read on twitter, Boras has used Bowden as a mouthpiece before to get teams to raise their offer.

We already know other teams need to raise their offers and make money work. I just think the Harper situation has a dollar amount max and there will be not much wiggle room. He will probably get between 10 and 400 million and 10 and 425 million. The main differences will be opt outs. The best thing the Sox can do to secure him is to pay him 50 million the first 2 years. 

45 minutes ago, daggins said:

Bowden has absolutely no sources and is always wrong.

Honest question: Outside of Rosenthal, what reporters are we supposed to believe? It seems like every time a rumor is posted, there are a half dozen posts discrediting the source regardless of who says it.

2 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Honest question: Outside of Rosenthal, what reporters are we supposed to believe? It seems like every time a rumor is posted, there are a half dozen posts discrediting the source regardless of who says it.

Unless they are reporting a deal is done, and others confirm, nobody. 

Everything that is reported short of an actual deal is bullshit, even from Rosenthal. The only reports I'd give any sort of credibility to is someone is close to an agreement or has agreed to a deal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Morosi is usually solid

6 minutes ago, oneofthemikes said:

Bowden is someone I will trust because he does have real connections to Boras and was at the meetings, so he isn't some random. They all may be wrong to some degree, so I listen to what they say to see if it makes sense. Bowden does make sense saying we are a favorite until the Dodgers get money. I don't know about the Nationals part, if they tapped out at 300 million, would they be willing to meet the Sox at 400?

43 minutes ago, Bigsoxhurt35 said:

I’m going blind faith in Bowden. I hope he’s right.  #blindfaithBowden

He hasn't even mentioned the Sox as a contender up until today.  It seemed as if he was absolutely trying not to mention them actually, I have a hard time believing he changed his stance with out hearing something.

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

He hasn't even mentioned the Sox as a contender up until today.  It seemed as if he was absolutely trying not to mention them actually, I have a hard time believing he changed his stance with out hearing something.

He knows Boras. Boras held the Sox and Nats interest to the vest. No one expected us to be a leader or the Nats to still be involved. 

4 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

He said the opinion was based on info he heard today

• bmags locked this topic