Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I tracked down who Dan Clark works for, and it is a Washington/Baltimore site called The Big Leagues Daily. He writes on Baseball and Hockey only. I thought he worked for MASN, but I guess not. Maybe he's not as credible as I thought. Seems to be a blogger, not a beat reporter. 

He used to work for the Orioles. Again IIRC, their fans respected his scoops last year.

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I know one thing, he is putting all his credibility on the line with that tweet. NO ONE will forget this one way way or another. 

This is correct but we also have Bob Nightengale who reported that Corbin would sign with the Yankees, and then reported that he would actually sign with the Phillies, and then he actually signed with the Nationals. Yet people still listen to him 

1 minute ago, shipps said:

I know one thing, he is putting all his credibility on the line with that tweet. NO ONE will forget this one way way or another. 

Meh I doubt that. He can easily put it on bad info/ his opinion on why he tweeted it.its not like he’s a national guy

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Meh I doubt that. He can easily put it on bad info/ his opinion on why he tweeted it.its not like he’s a national guy

He wouldn’t have revealed his source if he didn’t want to have the ability to back track.  He’s already planted a seed of doubt and can easily say the friend must have exaggerated Machado’s certainty about the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Where did you read this?

All I'm saying is don't put the only credibility out there on the Heyman, Rosenthals, Morosi folks just because they are household names.  

Some guys get lucky and get their scoops from connections.  Hell, WhiteSoxDave hasn't paid for a meal in this town (it seems) all because he nailed the Shields deal ahead of everyone.  

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

All I'm saying is don't put the only credibility out there on the Heyman, Rosenthals, Morosi folks just because they are household names.  

Some guys get lucky and get their scoops from connections.  Hell, WhiteSoxDave hasn't paid for a meal in this town (it seems) all because he nailed the Shields deal ahead of everyone.  

I understand that, we’ve seen it happen a lot on twitter but if a national guy puts his name on a retweet then you know it’s real IMO

Just now, username said:

I’m sorry this Clarke tweet makes zero sense. Why would you require all final offers, take one, and then wait until early January to tell anyone?

Guy likely got a scoop that the Yankees are in front. There is no chance it’s unfolding as described. 

Because he doesn’t want to take his physical in NY until after New Years so he can be with his family this week?  Also, who knows, maybe he thought it would be incredibly awkward to announce around Christmas he was going to Yankees and then spend the next week hanging out with the same guy who was trying to recruit him to a different team?

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Something positive is tweeted about the Sox chances: it’s fake, not a real source etc.

Something negative is tweeted about the Sox chances: I WAS RIGHT. I knew it all along and you guys didn’t!

Exactly this. This has what this board has been all offseason.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Because he doesn’t want to take his physical in NY until after New Years so he can be with his family this week?  Also, who knows, maybe he thought it would be incredibly awkward to announce around Christmas he was going to Yankees and then spend the next week hanging out with the same guy who was trying to recruit him to a different team?

If the money is close there is no way Alonso wasn’t telling him to become a Yankee anyway 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just to play enternal optimist, it would be incredibly awkward if Manny was telling his other buddies and not his own brother-in-law and this is how Alonso found out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why are we acquiring two more OF prospects?  I can get Frazier since he’s major league ready, but Florial just creates an even glut in the minors.

Because even with our glut, adding more talent that is equal in terms of value for his contract isn't a bad thing and they can always be shipped off in another deal.

1 hour ago, shipps said:

I am sorry but Dan Clark is not going to come out and tweet that as definitive as he did unless he is absolutely sure. I will eat my words if it winds up not happening, happily, but I would be willing to bet my next pay check that this is going to wind up being true. 

How much are we talking about? I may want in on this.

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic