Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

This confirmation bias/trolling is gonna look really funny in a week or two when Manny signs elsewhere and people realize Dan Clark isn’t a trustworthy source

Why people are taking what he's saying as 100% fact I just don't understand. He's not on the level of Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi, etc.

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Why people are taking what he's saying as 100% fact I just don't understand. He's not on the level of Rosenthal, Heyman, Morosi, etc.

Something positive is tweeted about the Sox chances: it’s fake, not a real source etc.

Something negative is tweeted about the Sox chances: I WAS RIGHT. I knew it all along and you guys didn’t!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

On 12/28/2018 at 2:48 PM, Sockin said:

It's going to be ridiculous. Fans are going to be irrational and eviscerate Hahn for not getting either of these guys. Doesn't matter if they offered good money. There are fans that won't believe it. 

We won't know for sure until it eventually leaks what Manny signed for and what the Sox offered. Sox always seem to be in the mix (A-Rod, Tanaka) but always wind up short. Until we know the figures though you can't say anything one way or the other about Hahn / JR (but I'm guessing when the numbers do come out the Sox will probably be significantly short. Then they'd have some explaining to do to the fan base as to why given Hahn's public comments about "the money being there..."

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Something positive is tweeted about the Sox chances: it’s fake, not a real source etc.

Something negative is tweeted about the Sox chances: I WAS RIGHT. I knew it all along and you guys didn’t!

Big difference between Incarceratedbob and this guy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

We won't know for sure until it eventually leaks what Manny signed for and what the Sox offered. Sox always seem to be in the mix (A-Rod, Tanaka) but always wind up short. Until we know the figures though you can't say anything one way or the other about Hahn / JR (but I'm guessing when the numbers do come out the Sox will probably be significantly short. Then they'd have some explaining to do to the fan base as to why given Hahn's public comments about "the money being there..."

Sox can have a good offer and Manny takes less for the Yankees and it wouldn’t mean that the Sox were being cheap.  No one is saying he signs with Yankees for 15 mil a year.

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

This confirmation bias/trolling is gonna look really funny in a week or two when Manny signs elsewhere and people realize Dan Clark isn’t a trustworthy source

For once, this is actually a fairly reliable and well sourced person.  It might still well not work out, but this is the single best sourced person who has spoken on this topic.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

My thoughts are the Manny could easily have told someone like Schoop that he’s going to sign with Yanks after NYE.  I would guess Schoop has a better relationship with Clark than the national guys.

I think it could be he told his friends he always wanted to play for the Yankees, but here's where agent and money comes in.

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

If it's not Rosenthal, Heyman, or Morosi then it's not worth reading into, IMO

Cool well here's the problem. Literally the only "positive" news for the White Sox has come from a poster who said that something would be announced after Christmas and incarceratedbob. 

6 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

You realize those MSM guys noted there get their information from the lower tier guys like a Dan Clark, right? 

4 minutes ago, shipps said:

If he made the same tweet and said it was going to be to the Whitesox everyone would be totally willing to believe it as a forgone conclusion since the very same Dan Clark said it. 

No, I wouldn’t because I think him getting access to this information right now (especially through a friend) reeks of being an obvious plant.

I tracked down who Dan Clark works for, and it is a Washington/Baltimore site called The Big Leagues Daily. He writes on Baseball and Hockey only. I thought he worked for MASN, but I guess not. Maybe he's not as credible as I thought. Seems to be a blogger, not a beat reporter. 

It would be the equivalent of someone like Margalus from SoxMachine. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Cool well here's the problem. Literally the only "positive" news for the White Sox has come from a poster who said that something would be announced after Christmas and incarceratedbob. 

I thought that Bob was "reporting" that we aren't getting either of them, but that's neither here nor there since we both know he's just guessing as always.

There has been little news of substance either way, in my opinion. There hasn't been much positive news, yes, but there hasn't been much negative news either from the reporters I listed. Morosi and Heyman each predicting that we land a whale (Machado for Morosi, Harper for Heyman) is still pretty significant to me. 

• Heads22 changed the title to Machado: Update - Manny, do you officially like us?
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic