yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Clearly mentioning a bid that low would do nothing for Machado’s camp .So if they didn’t leak it, who did?

The one thing I would worry about is if they suspect the Sox are leaking this to try to suppress higher bids, if  ultimately the bids are similar, they may hold this against the team. But it could be anyone leaking. 

I have this concern too. While I totally believe sox knocked down the years of deal thing yesterday, I don't think sox ever want exact terms of what they are working on leaked. But it could definitely be seen that way.

Just now, IowaPG said:

No problem. Enjoy playing magnet to positive reports. I made it clear that i dont know anything definitive

Then why post stuff like you do?

Not trying to be a jerk. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Maybe the White Sox can get Pitbull to throw out the first pitch and sing the national anthem on opening day.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IowaPG said:

Hearing deal is not close at all. All teams in on manny upset with the media. Talks have stalled

LOL 👌

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Just now, macsandz said:

LOL 👌

well hello, bucket.. what are you hearing?

Edited by whitesoxwinner

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

I bet Manny announces via the Players Tribune

Make the announcement through deadspin since they love the idea of Manny and the Sox so much.

Just now, BlackSox13 said:

Make the announcement through deadspin since they love the idea of Manny and the Sox so much.

Players Tribune if it's Yankees, Stadium if it's the Sox....

Even if Lozano is sure the Sox are behind this and want to send them a message, he wouldn't want to make it too obvious because he doesn't want to make it seem like Manny won't sign with one of the very few teams known to be in on him.

Just now, macsandz said:

LOL 👌

Do you know if there is any validity to the idea that the White Sox are a source for all these contract leaks? Or is this just a ton of noise that journalists are not vetting and running with for clicks?

I don't think that statement by Lozano is a shot at the Sox either. Why would he want to burn bridges with one of the only teams seriously interested in his client?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSox said:

Then why post stuff like you do?

Not trying to be a jerk. I just don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Im just sharing what I heard and joining the conversation . sorry to offend.

• Haha 1

anxiously awaiting this bruce report for the lolz.

Please count the amount of times he complains about millenials.

Could Philly be the team? Just thinking outside the box, but what if they are trying to sway perception in an effort to get Harper on a lower deal? That would allow them to chase after some of the remaining big names out there.