04/09/2019 Sox vs Rays

the Only moderately interesting zig that our front office did in this rebuild was invest a ton in minor league and college relievers, which they invested a lot in. Not promising early returns. Shoulda zagged.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Who's the next left hander up from the minors?  Fry needs a trip down to clear his head and re-learn how to throw strikes.

Probably Aaron Bummer. Yay

Maybe Colton Turner, I guess?

Edited by mqr

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Who's the next left hander up from the minors?  Fry needs a trip down to clear his head and re-learn how to throw strikes.

The problem is they can't always learn it in the minors. MLB hitters layoff pitches that minor leaguers will swing at. Until they get to the MLB it's hard to tell sometimes. Fulmer is going through the same thing. His pitches move so much that the minors swing at it but the MLB doesn't.  They need to make the adjustment. 

10 minutes ago, bmags said:

the Only moderately interesting zig that our front office did in this rebuild was invest a ton in minor league and college relievers, which they invested a lot in. Not promising early returns. Shoulda zagged.

College relievers are low ceiling...not the best approach, imo.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm starting to think the Sox front office might not be very smart.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'm starting to think the Sox front office might not be very smart.

Predictable Total Dildo Comment Coming:

”Starting?!  Hell I’ve been thinking that since 198X (or 199X or 20XX)!  Where you been!”

3 hours ago, fathom said:

My god some people just refuse to blame Hahn

It is impossible to overstate how far behind organizations like the Astros, Dodgers, Rays etc the White Sox appear to be. It's embarrassing. Hahn deserves as much or more of the blame than anyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It is impossible to overstate how far behind organizations like the Astros, Dodgers, Rays etc the White Sox appear to be. It's embarrassing. Hahn deserves as much or more of the blame than anyone.

What's scarier to me is that they at least appear to be way behind the Phillies and Padres, ..teams that started their rebuild at approximately the same time.  And the Mariners are at least in a partial rebuild.  And then there are the  Twins..   And they may not be far ahead of the Reds and - gasp - the Royals and Tigers.

Edited by GreenSox