Rodon to IL; Giolito activated

ChiSox59

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I almost wonder if now is the time to approach him regarding an extension. That sounds ridiculous at the moment and it really depends on how severe this injury is, but the Sox might be able to get him to agree to a below market deal given his question marks regarding his health if he's looking for financial security. Even if it is Tommy John, I think he could still be a good #4 or #5 starter heading into the future and extending him would make him fit the window of contention better. Just an idea.

I think I understand where you’re coming from because of when the Sox lose control of him, but it doesn’t really do much for it me. It really depends on whether he can even get the basics back. Nothing is given. IMO His market value is currently zero. Nobody else would want him until he can prove that he can pitch again 

15 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I almost wonder if now is the time to approach him regarding an extension. That sounds ridiculous at the moment and it really depends on how severe this injury is, but the Sox might be able to get him to agree to a below market deal given his question marks regarding his health if he's looking for financial security. Even if it is Tommy John, I think he could still be a good #4 or #5 starter heading into the future and extending him would make him fit the window of contention better. Just an idea.

Not a chance I'd extend him now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t see why Cooper still is around. Pitchers underperforming and dropping like flies.  

Dear Lord.  These should be bannable posts. Unless of course you’re joking and making fun of people who post like this, then it’s my favorite post.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Dear Lord.  These should be bannable posts. Unless of course you’re joking and making fun of people who post like this, then it’s my favorite post.  

It's not Coop's fault that pitchers are getting injured, but the pitches he's having them throw are curious to say the least. Sinkers and 92 mph fastballs aren't the greatest idea in modern baseball. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Not at all.  When pitchers were struggling with the Sox, people kept saying at least Cooper kept them healthy.  Now with major injuries to a significant number of the younger pitchers...there’s not much justification to keep him and his antiquated approach around still.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently Rodon has had tightness in his elbow for a little while.

Maybe when a pitcher’s velocity is way down for a couple of starts, they should be more proactive.  Same thing happened with Kopech.

• Like 2

Wondering about the future use of proactive TJ. Strap about 4-5 ligaments on that sucker when the guys are 18. Something needs to be done. I hope Chris Sale is not next but he has shoulder issues. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol and do what? Force them to be checked out? 

Some of the takes here are scalding hot.

do the opposite.  Do a constanza.  Whatever their inclination is do the opposite.  Seriously.  It's not working.  Cooper should not have a lifetime gig.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sure, why not?  If velocity is down 3-4 mph like Kopech last year and they feel a little off, then maybe you step in and check it out.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sure, why not?  If velocity is down 3-4 mph like Kopech last year and they feel a little off, then maybe you step in and check it out.

Well, you cant force someone to have an MRI. You cant force someone into  medical procedure.

A lot of times when you hear about a team wanting to wait and see how someone bounces back... it's because the player doesn't want to get an MRI yet. 

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Well, you cant force someone to have an MRI. You cant force someone into  medical procedure.

A lot of times when you hear about a team wanting to wait and see how someone bounces back... it's because the player doesn't want to get an MRI yet. 

There were whispers last year that the Sox were not at all happy with Rodon's offseason work and that he's more interested in hunting and drinking beer than  his fitness.  Who knows, he looks yoked.

Coop is the one pushing the off-speed stuff and less fastballs. I thought we knew this was addressing a major problem. I would also question work out procedures. Should pitchers need to bulk up. Maybe not. 

32 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You say the silliest things. Of course the team has the right to do testing. Many teams have equipment at the ball yard.